2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Screen Brightness each night

13K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  m0ebius604 
#1 ·
I have noticed every time my headlights turn on automatically that my media screen stays at a brighter level. I have continued to bump the dimmer switch down each time and the screen dims as it should. The next night though it's back at full brightness.

Any feedback on this issues?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
Mines on a rotary dial? Is yours different? Once set it doesn’t change for me.

There are 3 positions,

Adjustable brightness, parade mode(daytime brightness) and dome lighting

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
I should add that I’m on the pre u73 and pre u94 software levels.

I have only the OTA update from September on my vehicle if this is a datapoint.

I haven’t had the CarPlay issue either with iOS 10.3.3. I just updated to iOS 12.1.2 so we’ll see.

There are lots of known issues with apple iOS 11/12 worth checking

#9 ·
It would seem to be more of an issue with the van, I think. For what it’s worth I am on 12.1.2. When I turn the volume dial down I can see the volume level go down from, say, 16 to 8. And the next time an announcement is made it’s right back up there again at 16.

#10 · (Edited)
I should add that I’m on the pre u73 and pre u94 software levels.

I have only the OTA update from September on my vehicle if this is a datapoint.

I haven’t had the CarPlay issue either with iOS 10.3.3. I just updated to iOS 12.1.2 so we’ll see.

There are lots of known issues with apple iOS 11/12 worth checking
It would seem to be more of an issue with the van, I think. For what it’s worth I am on 12.1.2. When I turn the volume dial down I can see the volume level go down from, say, 16 to 8. And the next time an announcement is made it’s right back up there again at 16.
Are you using wired or wireless CarPlay?

I found no exact matches for this fault profile with ios12 problems. There is an extensive list of bugs however and people always blame the car first.

Warranty doesn’t cover connectivity issues, so worth looking at the phone first unless you’ve got deep pockets.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8354949

This is the closest conversation even if it’s the opposite issue. FWIW.

#11 · (Edited)
Are you using wired or wireless CarPlay?

I found no exact matches for this fault profile with ios12 problems. There is an extensive list of bugs however and people always blame the car first.

Warranty doesn’t cover connectivity issues, so worth looking at the phone first unless you’ve got deep pockets.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8354949

This is the closest conversation even if it’s the opposite issue. FWIW.
I’m using wired as it seems it’s the only way I can use CarPlay. I can use BT to make or take phone calls but wired is the only way I can use Apple maps. It’s not a big deal so I probably won’t pursue it. The reason it seems to be the van is that the van’s display indicates the volume has been reset although I realize that it could be a function that the phone controls.

#12 ·
I have had the volume issues now that I'm reminded when using navigation thru my mobile. I can't say it's happened recently though. As for bumping, I'm meaning just barely touching the rotary switch will cause it to dim properly. It's distracting alone with the brightness plus adding the danger of looking for the switch to adjust it nightly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Haven't seen this per- se but in my case the media screen is not dim enough. My eyes are SUPER sensitive when we drive at night for long periods that media screen just seems to annoy me..

So it can't be dim enough and when I turn screen 'OFF' it's not really off just letters and images are removed the screen still 'glows'.. my family thinks I am nuts but if my eyes are physically hurting from the strain.. it's hardly mental.

I have to use a thick cloth to cover the screen.. if you are traveling and you know where you are going just want to 'hear' music what do you need the screen for?

#16 ·
iOS 12.1.4 has broken CarPlay again. New issue during dictation which fails to read message and jumps straight to “would you like to reply” and hey Siri issue failing to mute during dictation.

This should be it’s own thread perhaps

I shouldn’t have upgraded from 10.3.3 haha

#17 ·
m0ebius604 -

This is OT for this thread, but have you had the issue where the incoming ring is inaudible or very soft over BlueTooth? (Not via CarPlay)

This happened on my wife's 2018 Pacifica Limited with Uconnect 4C NAV sometime around the intro of iOS 12. It worked fine before where the incoming ring tone would play via the cars speakers. I tested another Pacifica at my dealer, and it had the same issue. My 2019 Jeep Overland does NOT have this issue, although it's pretty much the same NAV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.