2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed yesterday and now my wife noticed this morning that after driving the van and parking, shift to park and cycle ignition to OFF the van is continuing to play music and the screens and shift light etc. are staying on for an extended amount of time. Anyone else experience this? Did I maybe accidentally change something in the settings?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I have mine set to 10 minutes. It all shuts down of course upon opening the driver's door.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what is crazy about this issue - You park, shift to P, turn ignition to off, exit and lock the van and the dash is still lit up and radio playing etc. It is weird to walk away from a car that still seems to be 'on' when it isn't. I found a few other threads where folks talked about removing paied phones or pulling fuses so I guess I'll try some tricks tonight. I just need to keep my cool and keep the wife o.k. with this crazy new hybrid I bought her - after years of subarus with no issues I don't want her to get scared off! I think I prefer having the cold weather and issues early while under warranty at least.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
That is what is crazy about this issue - You park, shift to P, turn ignition to off, exit and lock the van and the dash is still lit up and radio playing etc. It is weird to walk away from a car that still seems to be 'on' when it isn't. I found a few other threads where folks talked about removing paied phones or pulling fuses so I guess I'll try some tricks tonight. I just need to keep my cool and keep the wife o.k. with this crazy new hybrid I bought her - after years of subarus with no issues I don't want her to get scared off! I think I prefer having the cold weather and issues early while under warranty at least.
Try a radio reboot. Go to Vehicle/Settings/Reset and select Reboot.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
It shouldn't do that. It should all shut down when the door is opened.

I have seen a few other posts here in the past about this same issue in various previous MYs. Not many. I think you are 4 or 5.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, opening door doesn't turn it off. It seems random and can be fixed by acknowledging the messages on the screen.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is the door switch messed up, not allowing the electronics to turn off?
possible I guess but I'll have to check next time it happens. I don't think it is related since it seems possibly more tied to how I have a phone connected through wireless android auto and less about the physical door but it is winter so that could be a thing that the latch just is sticking and needs some liquid wrench etc.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
40 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to this? My 22 Hybrid is doing this now too
For me, the issue is caused by scheduled pre-conditionig. Since it’s now hot in Canada, I disabled them and no weird radio/light issue.
The ehybrid app has issues. When scheduled events are active it pops messages when you stop the Van and if you don’t close the popup, opening the door will not stop the music. It will also start back the radio when you plug the van to show some info, thus playing music for some time….

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For me, the issue is caused by scheduled pre-conditionig. Since it’s now hot in Canada, I disabled them and no weird radio/light issue.
The ehybrid app has issues. When scheduled events are active it pops messages when you stop the Van and if you don’t close the popup, opening the door will not stop the music. It will also start back the radio when you plug the van to show some info, thus playing music for some time….
Same situation for me on our 22 pachy - did t realize it until reading your post but since disabling preconditioning this spring I haven't had the radio issue either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts