2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of shopping for my Pacifica - leaning towards the Limited, but also considering a Touring L Plus that has a sunroof.

We live in Minnesota today, but plan on retiring to a warmer climate this year or next. When in Florida on a trip I happened to rent a Pacifica Limited with the alloy seats, and really liked it. I thought the seats kept the car from getting quite so hot, although it might've been the ventilation.

We don't have anything with leather seats today, so I thought I'd ask for opinions. If you have the black seats, what's it like in the summer?

And will I really regret not having the Limited's ventilated seats in the summer if I get them in black?

Thanks, Chuck

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the process of shopping for my Pacifica - leaning towards the Limited, but also considering a Touring L Plus that has a sunroof.

We live in Minnesota today, but plan on retiring to a warmer climate this year or next. When in Florida on a trip I happened to rent a Pacifica Limited with the alloy seats, and really liked it. I thought the seats kept the car from getting quite so hot, although it might've been the ventilation.

We don't have anything with leather seats today, so I thought I'd ask for opinions. If you have the black seats, what's it like in the summer?

And will I really regret not having the Limited's ventilated seats in the summer if I get them in black?

Thanks, Chuck
For me at least, living here in FL, black interiors are a big "No-NO" (personally don't like how they look either) I have a limited with the Alloy Napa and Love my interior. Even had to use the heated seat a little lately ! Window tint or heat film is another must here in the Summer.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Love my alloy interior even though I don’t live in the sunny states. It gives a nice airy and open feel to the interior. If you are trying to move to Florida do you really need a large pano sunroof...? Only you can answer that. Need to tint them too as suggested earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not seat related but if you park in a garage with a single wide door, you will want the power folding mirrors that come on the Limited.

·
Registered
993 Posts
We spend a couple of months in Florida every year. I agree with the above suggestions that you will not want a dark interior. Our Limited with the alloy interior was perfect there last year. Our sunroof and lack of window tint didn't bother us, but we don't live there during the hot summer.

Exterior color is also important. The lighter colors are much cooler in the hot sun. A dark red Honda parked near our Billet Silver was painful to touch, while I could easily rest my hand on the Pacifica. Your A/C will have less work to do.

PS. My avatar picture is taken in the hot sun last year at our cottage on the Gulf Coast!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the black interior and have zero issue with heat on the seats. My preference was black due to the dirt showing on the seats due to the daily use. A easy solution would be to tint the windows and save the interior from fading and working the ac . Have you looked at the brown interior, a tint and front window sunshade would remedy all problems.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have the black interior and have zero issue with heat on the seats. My preference was black due to the dirt showing on the seats due to the daily use. A easy solution would be to tint the windows and save the interior from fading and working the ac . Have you looked at the brown interior, a tint and front window sunshade would remedy all problems.
I'd probably have zero issues with black seats if I lived in the GTA. However the OP said he is moving to Florida, and our advice was based on that. We've made several friends from Ontario during out stays in Florida. I see more Ontario "Yours to Discover" license plates down there than any single US state! I hope you're bringing your Pachy down! Those black seats will help you thaw out your posterior! :grin2:

PS. to the OP. Ventilated alloy seats are wonderful. Get the Limited!

·
Registered
273 Posts
My black seats are beautiful. It was 9 below the other day.:smile2: The one time I was in Florida in 2002 it rained day after day after day, all night for two weeks. Never saw so much rain. Never went back.....:surprise:
The other posters have the right idea of the white in the Florida sun(when it shines).
Get the Limited. You will like the standard extras.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts