2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just want to say that whoever chose the leather for this van is not a family person. I knew the second row perforated leather was bad choice when we,got it because kids messes get into the holes and it is a pita to clean. Anyway the seat leather has torn under the carseat. It is a straight across year over 3 of the holes. Anyone have this issue? Gonna talk to the dealer about.leather should last more then 6 months.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So just want to say that whoever chose the leather for this van is not a family person. I knew the second row perforated leather was bad choice when we,got it because kids messes get into the holes and it is a pita to clean. Anyway the seat leather has torn under the carseat. It is a straight across year over 3 of the holes. Anyone have this issue? Gonna talk to the dealer about.leather should last more then 6 months.
OK, that does it. I'm getting the appearance care plus, even though I shouldn't have to. Also seat protectors. That stinks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does it look like the leather separated? Is there any places on the leather that look polished near the rip? Did the leather have any cracking you can see? Like it was previously fatigued by sun or chemical and bound to fail? 5 point forward facing seat too?
Like MosesSnyder asked, how long have you had the van? You have my curiosity.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's been a problem, mostly for people with car seats. Here's a different thread on it:
http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/474-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-issues-problems/7641-leather-seat-rip.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link. My van is 6 months old. No visible wear issues it ripped at the back of the booster seat right where the base curves straight up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i was actually worried about this with my new journey, its got the perforated seats. i found this thing that goes BETWEEN the seat and our boosters. it rolls up nicely when boosters arent in but its nice knowing its taking the punishment as opposed to my leather......might wanna look into it if/when you get your seat repaired.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had a lot of cars and kids. Never, ever, ever - put in a car seat that does not have a durable seat protector under and behind it. The seat protectors - if you buy a good one will 1) protect the seat from damage and 2) has a shape that catches spills. I can remove the car seat and simply pull the seat protector and wash it (from any spills, crumbs, etc) with a hose.

Even if the leather doesn't tear - or even if you have cloth - the car seats damage the interior. They leave permanent marks, creases, dents, etc. They rub the leather or fabric and make the interior age.

Such a small, simple thing. Get a good quality seat protector for the car seats. I can remove the car seats and pull the protectors and everything looks like new. No wear, no damage, no spills.

Frankly - I am amazed anyone would pay nearly $50k for any car and not spend $30 on a top notch seat protector before installing car seats.

Seat Protector example

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have had a lot of cars and kids. Never, ever, ever - put in a car seat that does not have a durable seat protector under and behind it. The seat protectors - if you buy a good one will 1) protect the seat from damage and 2) has a shape that catches spills. I can remove the car seat and simply pull the seat protector and wash it (from any spills, crumbs, etc) with a hose.

Even if the leather doesn't tear - or even if you have cloth - the car seats damage the interior. They leave permanent marks, creases, dents, etc. They rub the leather or fabric and make the interior age.

Such a small, simple thing. Get a good quality seat protector for the car seats. I can remove the car seats and pull the protectors and everything looks like new. No wear, no damage, no spills.

Frankly - I am amazed anyone would pay nearly $50k for any car and not spend $30 on a top notch seat protector before installing car seats.

Seat Protector example
Fully agree with this. All my cars have this. It’s better than seat covers since the material is thick and resilient at the bottom where the sharp edge of child seat would otherwise dig into the seat cushion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts