2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second row seat behind the driver's seat, outboard side. This seat gets stowed more than the other side. That said, I've stowed it about 5 times max. There is no way this was caused by misuse and my van is only a year old. The seat is primarily used by my 12 year old sitting on a cover used typically for car seats. Currently I have a car seat installed using the LATCH as you can see... It doesn't got this area at all.

My only guess is that this is occurring when the seat is stowed as there is nothing here to rub the cloth raw like that. There is however hard plastic partially behind this which is most likely helping the area get worn. Still, for a year old van the cloth should hold up a heck of a lot better than this.

Next question is, since it's probably a defect in manufacturing, can I get this repaired or replaced under warranty?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
This is the second row seat behind the driver's seat, outboard side. This seat gets stowed more than the other side. That said, I've stowed it about 5 times max. There is no way this was caused by misuse and my van is only a year old. The seat is primarily used by my 12 year old sitting on a cover used typically for car seats. Currently I have a car seat installed using the LATCH as you can see... It doesn't got this area at all.

My only guess is that this is occurring when the seat is stowed as there is nothing here to rub the cloth raw like that. There is however hard plastic partially behind this which is most likely helping the area get worn. Still, for a year old van the cloth should hold up a heck of a lot better than this.

Next question is, since it's probably a defect in manufacturing, can I get this repaired or replaced under warranty?
Have you private messaged @ChryslerCares yet?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Have you private messaged @ChryslerCares yet?
I have not as I'm already in contact with them regarding the latch and the cops sound coming from the front left when I turn my steering wheel in other words I didn't want to overwhelm them with the whole bunch of stuff make me sound like I'm a complainer but I did just discovered this this morning.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Did you figure out what is touching the seat that badly to damage the seat when stowed. If there isn’t one, how will you prove it was a factory defect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did you figure out what is touching the seat that badly to damage the seat when stowed. If there isn’t one, how will you prove it was a factory defect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing a person could do other than physically ripping that out on purpose should cause something like that.

We don't need prove anything, they need prove it wasn't a factory defect, period . And they never can and even if they denied you then you appeal on the same basis. The basis is they have no idea what caused it therefore it's on them. Did they see it happen, nope.

Don't ever go in a dealer in that mindset or you lost before you started.

And never add a scenario of well this or that may of happened or I toss out what you think might have caused that tearing unless it's painfully obvious as to how to solve it. Even then I would probably say nothing at all. Play stupid like I woke up, it was like this, end of. Otherwise they may use your words against you as a denial or think, oh her kids did it. Say NOTHING other than look whats happened please repair this under warranty and say it with confidence and matter of fact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts