2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 Pacific Limited. Last week the engine was overheating per the temperature gauge. The gauge would slowly move up and down and then a warning, "Engine Hot" was on the screen. We had it towed to a Chrysler dealer in Dahlonega, GA. They first said the coolant was leaking, then they said it wasn't. Said they found nothing wrong. By the way, the check engine light is still on - dealer said they forgot to reset it.

Fast forward a week, the vehicle is back at our home in Atlanta and will not start. I press the start button, the electronics fire up, the RPM gauge goes up but the engine will not turn over. I have tried this several times last night and this morning. Vehicle will not start and cannot be shifted to drive or neutral. Check engine light still on.

Just called mopar to tow the vehicle to Landmark Chrysler in Chamblee, GA.

All of the above is just the most recent issues. In the last 3 years we have had start/stop errors and malfunctions. We also had an incident where the vehicle stopped while underway and could not be turned back on.

What a reliable car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What was the resolution of the overheating? Did they replace anything?

Regarding your no-start issue: I would first suspect low battery. Did you try to jump it? Check the voltage on the battery?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They replaced nothing. I did not check voltage on battery. Tow truck on way. This is for Chrysler to fix (I hope).

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
223 Posts
From the many posts here about battery issues, it does sound like you may have batteries(s) that are dead or dying. If you have been having trouble with your ESS system, it sounds like the ESS battery is dying and may be bringing your main battery down. With the electronics in this vehicle, a low battery can give all kinds of false indications/warnings. You should have the dealer check both batteries.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
We have a 2017 Pacific Limited. Last week the engine was overheating per the temperature gauge. The gauge would slowly move up and down and then a warning, "Engine Hot" was on the screen. We had it towed to a Chrysler dealer in Dahlonega, GA. They first said the coolant was leaking, then they said it wasn't. Said they found nothing wrong. By the way, the check engine light is still on - dealer said they forgot to reset it.

Fast forward a week, the vehicle is back at our home in Atlanta and will not start. I press the start button, the electronics fire up, the RPM gauge goes up but the engine will not turn over. I have tried this several times last night and this morning. Vehicle will not start and cannot be shifted to drive or neutral. Check engine light still on.

Just called mopar to tow the vehicle to Landmark Chrysler in Chamblee, GA.

All of the above is just the most recent issues. In the last 3 years we have had start/stop errors and malfunctions. We also had an incident where the vehicle stopped while underway and could not be turned back on.

What a reliable car.
Mader1234,
If we can be of any assistance while in service, please feel free to follow up with us privately.

Lamar
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - Our pacifica was towed to the Landmark Chrysler dealer last wed, 6 days ago. The dealer called me when they received the vehicle and I communicated the issues. Fast forward 6 days and I have yet to hear anything from the dealer. No status update, no communication.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update - Our pacifica was towed to the Landmark Chrysler dealer last wed, 6 days ago. The dealer called me when they received the vehicle and I communicated the issues. Fast forward 6 days and I have yet to hear anything from the dealer. No status update, no communication.
No offer of a loaner either.

·
Super Moderator
223 Posts
Did you ask the dealer to check both batteries? If they have this information, it can help speed up their diagnosis as it does sound like what might be causing all your problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Peter. I explained the issues as I described above. It is the dealers job to diagnose and fix. If I need to tell them how to diagnose the issue we have bigger problems!

·
Super Moderator
223 Posts
Just because you described the issues as you did above, they might not have keyed in on what we have seen reported in these forums.

It is their job. But if their diagnosis does not look into the batteries until of the end of their list of things to check, you have paid a lot of money for non helpful attempts to fix something that was not broken.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree Peter. But the car is under warranty (I happen to have the lifetime warranty), so I am only out of pocket on the convenience. As for an update, the dealer returned my call yesterday. The car has yet to be looked at. 7 days at the dealership and they haven't even looked at it.

·
Super Moderator
223 Posts
OK. Please let us know what the final outcome is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts