2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited / Granite Crystal
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have issues with self-dimming mirror functionality on their 2022 Pacifica? (Or previous years)

The green light isn’t illuminated (has never been even if I use power button), and last time I drive at night the mirrors were definitely not dimming.

F77 appears to be the fuse, but it’s fine.

Of note is that the green light does turn on when calling using the “ASSIST” button …know this because I called into @ChryslerCares to see if they had anything to say. But for some reason the shortcut to call Chrysler Cares instead calls SiriusXM Guardian service.

Anyway, if anyone has input that’d be great as we have a road trip coming up where dimming mirrors would be ideal.

Gadget Font Audio equipment Cable Display device

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,829 Posts
The only input I can give for now is that the power button is for the auto dimming feature. I had a hard time determining if it was working at first on my 2018. It took pressing the power button once and driving for a while at night to see if it was on. If I could not see any dimming, I pressed the power button again and watched to see that is was working.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone have issues with self-dimming mirror functionality on their 2022 Pacifica? (Or previous years)

The green light isn’t illuminated (has never been even if I use power button), and last time I drive at night the mirrors were definitely not dimming.

F77 appears to be the fuse, but it’s fine.

Of note is that the green light does turn on when calling using the “ASSIST” button …know this because I called into @ChryslerCares to see if they had anything to say. But for some reason the shortcut to call Chrysler Cares instead calls SiriusXM Guardian service.

Anyway, if anyone has input that’d be great as we have a road trip coming up where dimming mirrors would be ideal.

View attachment 50676
Is your rear window tinted?

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle Maximum Steel
155 Posts
I know my 2021 works, but there is no LED to indicate if it's on or off. I simply turn it off when I find it too dark, or back on when some guy thinks the blue symbol in the dashboard means light are on and definitely not making everybody blind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had a similar situation on Tuesday! On our 2019, you can tell if the auto dimming feature is on when the power button is illuminated (backlit). If you can't see the power button in the dark, the mirror is (OFF).

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hello @sojourner75 and @BCBM!

We understand your frustrations here as it relates to your mirrors and would like to lend a hand. Please send us a private message with your mileage as well as the date of your most recent dealer appointment for us to dig in further.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same issue that I can't see the any change in the power button light in the day time. My wife will accidentally press the button with her thumb when adjusting the mirror when she drives during the day and when I drive at night, I wonder why it's not auto dimming. I can barely tell if a light is coming on when I press it in the dark. But it doesn't immediately auto dim, so I think it's not working and toggle it back off and on multiple times.

This feature is not nearly as nice, nor does it work as smoothly as the auto dim mirror feature in my Mercedes.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited / Granite Crystal
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To clarify -

When I picked up our new '22 in May, I knew it had self dimming mirrors. I had this feature on our 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited. When active on our '08 T&C, there was a green light that would illuminate, and overall the self dimming mirrors worked well / never had a problem. With the '22 Pacifica, I noticed that there wasn't a green light on the mirror. At the time I assumed this was just a difference between our '08 T&C and the '22 Pacifica.

With it being summer, I haven't driven much in the dark and so I haven't needed the feature. However, on a recent trip at night I noticed the mirrors weren't working and the power button on the mirror was not activating the self dimming feature nor illuminating the green LED.

Per the manual, when the power button is pressed on the rear view mirror, the green LED to the left of it should illuminate, indicating that the auto-dimming feature is active. And, when driving at night, any bright lights from the rear will dim the mirrors.

So, as it stands I do not get a response when pressing the power button no matter the condition (night/day, car on/off, car in park or drive ...not reverse as it's disabled in reverse) ... no green LED to indicate it's power status. However, if I use the 'Assist' button to the right of the power button on the rear view mirror to make a call to Chrysler Cares, for example, the LED will illuminate green ... so I know it's not purely a bad LED.

So - not an issue with standard/stock rear window tint.

Appears to be an issue with the dimming module itself. So - just trying to understand if there's any known short term fixes* anyone has encountered as we're about to head out on a road trip (and it'd be nice to have dimming mirrors, particularly rear view as there's not really another way to manually dim that mirror).

* Took it into the local dealer today, but there's at least a 2wk backlog on service appts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To clarify -

When I picked up our new '22 in May, I knew it had self dimming mirrors. I had this feature on our 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited. When active on our '08 T&C, there was a green light that would illuminate, and overall the self dimming mirrors worked well / never had a problem. With the '22 Pacifica, I noticed that there wasn't a green light on the mirror. At the time I assumed this was just a difference between our '08 T&C and the '22 Pacifica.

With it being summer, I haven't driven much in the dark and so I haven't needed the feature. However, on a recent trip at night I noticed the mirrors weren't working and the power button on the mirror was not activating the self dimming feature nor illuminating the green LED.

Per the manual, when the power button is pressed on the rear view mirror, the green LED to the left of it should illuminate, indicating that the auto-dimming feature is active. And, when driving at night, any bright lights from the rear will dim the mirrors.

So, as it stands I do not get a response when pressing the power button no matter the condition (night/day, car on/off, car in park or drive ...not reverse as it's disabled in reverse) ... no green LED to indicate it's power status. However, if I use the 'Assist' button to the right of the power button on the rear view mirror to make a call to Chrysler Cares, for example, the LED will illuminate green ... so I know it's not purely a bad LED.

So - not an issue with standard/stock rear window tint.

Appears to be an issue with the dimming module itself. So - just trying to understand if there's any known short term fixes* anyone has encountered as we're about to head out on a road trip (and it'd be nice to have dimming mirrors, particularly rear view as there's not really another way to manually dim that mirror).

* Took it into the local dealer today, but there's at least a 2wk backlog on service appts.
Mine on my 2018 Touring plus works with no light illuminating. Maybe adjust your mirror and see if it changes when you do that

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,023 Posts
Does anyone know where the sensor for this puppy is located? Just wondering if it might be obscured.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
278 Posts
The auto dimming mirror LED doesn't light up either on my 2021, but the mirror works. (Confirmed by flashing a light at the top of the mirror, it dimmed)

I THOUGHT you could turn it on and off thru the radio (settings), like it was on my Charger, but it's not there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think @sojourner75 may just have the mirror angled incorrectly for the sensor to pick up others lights …

1 - 13 of 13 Posts