2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not had the dealer attempt to solve this problem yet. My appointment is 12/10/2018. They already hooked my car up to the computer, no error codes existed. When the same procedure was tried with the 2018 Pacifica PHEV, the ERROR didn't occur.
Below are the steps I take to reproduce the "Service Charging System" ERROR Status. This is the text which will be forwarded to Chrysler.
The senior tech at my dealer can only forward the information to Chrysler and wait for a response. With no trouble codes, he doesn't have much to go on except the facts of the error.

As far as I know, no other problems exist with the vehicle, (that aren't by design anyway.)

If anyone has any information regarding this, I would appreciate a response. Also, if someone with a 2019 PacHy could try these steps it would be awesome...

The “Service Charging System” ERROR occurs with either a Mopar Level 2 charger(two chargers tested) or OEM included A/C 120V 15 amp charger.

Method One
-In car with Status: “Vehicle is Ready to Drive” (as if you just got home)
-exit car, leaving Status: “Vehicle is Ready to Drive” (as if you forgot to shut it off, not uncommon, when new)
-Plug Charger in, Status: “Plugged In and Charging”
-Realizing you forgot to shut off the car you reach in and press “ENGINE START/STOP” to turn car off
-The ERROR status remains for a variable amount of time, then, most often, the status changes back to “Plugged In and Charging” after a few seconds.
-REGARDLESS, At this point Pressing “ENGINE START/STOP” (WITHOUT THE BRAKE PEDAL DOWN) 2 times clears the ERROR condition then a third to turn off.​

Method Two
-Plug charger in.
-Get in car with Key Fob, Status: “Plugged In and Charging”
-Press and hold Brake, press “ENGINE START/STOP”, Release Brake
-Wait for the gauges to stop going through their tests
-Press “ENGINE START/STOP”
-The ERROR status remains for a variable amount of time, then, most often, the status changes back to “Plugged In and Charging” after a few seconds.
-REGARDLESS, At this point Pressing “ENGINE START/STOP” (WITHOUT THE BRAKE PEDAL DOWN) 2 times clears the ERROR condition then a third to turn off.​

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dealer has said, (I assume this came from FCA US LLC), the "Service Charging System" message will always be seen if you turn off the car while it is charging. It took my dealer more than 24 hours in service to tell me the warning message was normal. I know my tech and my advisor well enough to say, I believe they were waiting for Chrysler to decide. If this story continues. I will post again.

My next car will be an Audi e-tron®.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got this error today on my 2018 PacHy and have been told to take it to dealership for service. It's been only 2 months since I bought but 3rd time it's going back. :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got same error message (service charge system) on Pacifica hybrid not yet 2 months since I bought it, which will stop car from moving. I went to dealer Friday afternoon, says come back Monday to be checked. I never had problem with German or Japanese cars before. It is my first and last time to buy american car. As for Chrysler Representative, please save the trouble to send me generic message that you are sorry and this is not one of a common problem and more to come.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am seeing this same exact issue as well "Service Charging System". I have never owned any vehicle outside of Honda before. Dealing with the dealer has been painful. Looks like the dealers don't have enough certified technicians to service the Hybrids. It took me 2 months to get an appointment and when i reached the service center they told me to come back as it will take a long time. I am about 8k miles away before i run out of warranty. I didn't muck around with fixes to avoid voiding the warranty. The service rep says could charge me 450 bucks. Additionally i see few more issues like "Sliding Door Power Unavailable Operate Manually" Error and now a permanent check engine light on.

Its a great mini van and well designed and we have enjoyed the ride so far but i cannot deal with issues this early (1 1/2 year into owning a brand new vehicle). Seriously thinking of cutting my losses and switching to Honda Odyssey. Customer service for Chrysler is fine but they have no way of influencing the franchise dealerships to provide good service.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Its a great mini van and well designed and we have enjoyed the ride so far but i cannot deal with issues this early (1 1/2 year into owning a brand new vehicle). Seriously thinking of cutting my losses and switching to Honda Odyssey. Customer service for Chrysler is fine but they have no way of influencing the franchise dealerships to provide good service.

Sadly, it ain't any better over there. In fact reading some of the posts it may be worse: https://www.odyclub.com/forums/2018-odyssey.81/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts