2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 PacHy Plat
364 Posts
...By the time I got it to the dealer, no CEL or codes (they claimed) were evident...
Same. Apparently if the issue resolves itself (meaning the car starts and you can drive it) it clears the codes. I don't think they believed me all the times it happened until I started recording it on my phone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One week later.
Repeated charge faults, followed every time by hybrid battery fan running at max speed for about 10 seconds until the 12V battery gives way.

Meanwhile, the dash shows...

Back to the dealer it goes tomorrow. 3rd time’s the charm they say...

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer tells me it’s a known software problem. Patch should come mid-2021.

Codes P0513-00 in HCP and U151A-87 in BCM

Existing starcase number is S2108000046.
I'm having the same issue. Guessing no updates are available yet? Taking to dealer later this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We got the van back after 23 days of service at the dealership. Five hours (and a full charge at work) later, the same problem reappeared. So it's going back. Not pleased at all by this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We got the van back after 23 days of service at the dealership. Five hours (and a full charge at work) later, the same problem reappeared. So it's going back. Not pleased at all by this.
The Hybrid Engineering Team is now involved in the case. They will change the charger module (worth 3-4K). Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Meanwhile, Hertz provided a brand new 2021 Grand Caravan. Got it with 50km on the odometer. Enjoying it while it lasts.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
157 Posts
The Hybrid Engineering Team is now involved in the case. They will change the charger module (worth 3-4K). Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Meanwhile, Hertz provided a brand new 2021 Grand Caravan. Got it with 50km on the odometer. Enjoying it while it lasts.
Sounds similar to issue I had after they replaced my HV battery. They ended up having to replace the HV charging system as well and that's seems to have finally solved the issue completely. Although I already have a buyback approved on my vehicle since it took almost 2 months to fix it completely. Hopefully a 2021 doesn't end up with the same issues.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
44 Posts
This just happened to me in the middle of driving on the freeway at 8:30pm with an infant and toddler in the car. It was extremely stressful.

I was going 75 mph in the far left lane with about 16 miles of battery range remaining when all of a sudden the accelerator stopped responding and the screen said to put the gear selector to P and turn the car on again, and it also said Service Charging System.

I pulled over to the right shoulder and tried turning the car off and on again multiple times but it wouldn’t work.
So I used my Uconnect app on my phone to call for a tow.
While trying to entertain my kids it was getting very stuffy so I pressed the On button to open a window and still got a strange response but at least the window worked. Then a little while later I wanted to open another window so I pressed the On button again but this time I got a normal looking response. So I put the kids back in their seats and tried pressing the brakes while hitting the On button and the car worked! But the check engine light is still on.

I canceled the tow and I kept my speed under 70mph and was able to get home.
Total time between car breaking down and turning on again was about 40 minutes. I’m going to take it to the dealer tomorrow morning.
I have a 2021 model with less than 4100 miles so this is very frustrating.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
44 Posts
I just got a loaner from the dealer. A Jeep Cherokee. It feels so tiny and outdated. I hope they fix my car quickly.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts