2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello EVERYONE,

I have just over 39,100 miles on my Pachy and woke up to a frustrating surprise. My Pachys battery died. Door locks did not work, no lights. I had to use the key to manually open the car. I was able to jump start the vehicle from the battery post. The vehicle started, however a check engine light came on. I noticed the AC thermostat would not work and couldn't adjust the thermostat while the AC was in Auto. Upon arriving at the dealership, I put the car and let it idle. I didn't want to turn it off because I was in fear it may not start amd would have to push it from the dealer express lane to the garage. The attendant/service advisor ended up shutting off the vehicle anyway. We were not able to get the engine to start for am hour.
When we pushed start, we would get a service hybrid electric system message. Just as I was about to leave, the vehicle started. The check engine light was still on. Has anyone experienced this before? Is the warranty for the state of FL for this vehicle 8 yr 80k miles for the hybrid electrical system? That is what I read and would love to get confirmation from a Chryslwr social care rep if possible. Thank you,

Winfred

·
Registered
793 Posts
Battery is 10 yrs and other components are covered under you factory warranty . What your driving style and usage the last 3 to 4 months , just curious .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery is 10 yrs and other components are covered under you factory warranty . What your driving style and usage the last 3 to 4 months , just curious .
I don't drive it hard. Haven't done much driving due to the stay at home order but averaged about 40-50 miles per week

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
238 Posts
The vehicle not starting sounds like the 12V battery may be bad. That is not covered by the same 10 year warranty as the main hybrid battery. If the 12V battery is dead, the hybrid system cannot start.

·
Registered
793 Posts
And that’s the problem when you don’t use the Pacifica , the battery drains and doesn’t have ability to regenerate itself .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts