2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received the dreaded Service Hybrid Electrical Vehicle System error at 1000 miles on my 2020. It only charges a few minutes before throwing the charge fault error now.
Message appeared randomly yesterday after leaving a chargepoint charger I've used dozen of times in the past with no issue. Lucky the car continues to start/run like normal for now (and drain the HV battery) but just won't charge now with either level 1 factory charger or level 2 public chargepoint.
Should I just bring it in to the dealer (document for potential lemon) and/or try to pull the MIL codes first (maybe even consider resetting the computer to see if the codes come back since I assume that's what the dealer will attempt)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Received the dreaded Service Hybrid Electrical Vehicle System error at 1000 miles on my 2020. It only charges a few minutes before throwing the charge fault error now.
Message appeared randomly yesterday after leaving a chargepoint charger I've used dozen of times in the past with no issue. Lucky the car continues to start/run like normal for now (and drain the HV battery) but just won't charge now with either level 1 factory charger or level 2 public chargepoint.
Should I just bring it in to the dealer (document for potential lemon) and/or try to pull the MIL codes first (maybe even consider resetting the computer to see if the codes come back since I assume that's what the dealer will attempt)?
Same exact situation

Too it to dealership. Mine is also 2020

These are the codes that was pulled.

BPCM P0AA600 Active - Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation FaultHCP P2B2800 Active - Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Pump "A"
PerformanceHCP P2BE000 Active - Hybrid/EV Battery Coolant Level Sensor
Circuit/Open

If you have the same code, they will have to change hybrid battery as coolant may have leaked into the battery.

Mine is at the dealership for one month ( due to dealership not ordering wire harness along with the battery and they have to want for it. Battery came in in 4 days but dealership taking long as they don’t have many people and there hybrid tech was out sick for 4 days.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same exact situation

Too it to dealership. Mine is also 2020

These are the codes that was pulled.

BPCM P0AA600 Active - Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation FaultHCP P2B2800 Active - Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Coolant Pump "A"
PerformanceHCP P2BE000 Active - Hybrid/EV Battery Coolant Level Sensor
Circuit/Open

If you have the same code, they will have to change hybrid battery as coolant may have leaked into the battery.

Mine is at the dealership for one month ( due to dealership not ordering wire harness along with the battery and they have to want for it. Battery came in in 4 days but dealership taking long as they don’t have many people and there hybrid tech was out sick for 4 days.

Good luck.

I reset power to vehicle, to reset/clear the codes (disconnected 12v battery) and no luck. Same check engine light and still won't charge.
Sadly it refused to start this morning (shift knob light blinks when I try to put it into gear, popping the hood didn't start the engine) and the HV battery is dead. At least the 12v battery allowed the car to be put into neutral to be towed to the dealer.
I will update the thread after the service guys take a look at it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer service technicians say the vehicle is throwing a serious MIL code P1E1B - Hybrid-Ev Battery Side Voltage System Isolation failure. (Seems like similar generic code as seen in TSB 10138922 https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10138922-9999.pdf )
Technician has been directed to create a S.T.A.R. (corporate engineering) case because of low mileage occurrence.
Dealer suspects a possible sensor that's attached internally to the battery pack is causing the MIL code.
They are awaiting corporate authorization to replace the battery pack (since the sensor is embedded into the battery pack itself) but corporate is still requesting further diagnostics to determine if it's something more serious.
I will update this thread as I get more information but it seems like they are inevitably heading towards replacing the entire battery pack.
I know they will take at least 3 days to get the battery since it will have to be shipped ground even if they are in stock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dealer service technicians say the vehicle is throwing a serious MIL code P1E1B - Hybrid-Ev Battery Side Voltage System Isolation failure. (Seems like similar generic code as seen in TSB 10138922 https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10138922-9999.pdf )
Technician has been directed to create a S.T.A.R. (corporate engineering) case because of low mileage occurrence.
Dealer suspects a possible sensor that's attached internally to the battery pack is causing the MIL code.
They are awaiting corporate authorization to replace the battery pack (since the sensor is embedded into the battery pack itself) but corporate is still requesting further diagnostics to determine if it's something more serious.
I will update this thread as I get more information but it seems like they are inevitably heading towards replacing the entire battery pack.
I know they will take at least 3 days to get the battery since it will have to be shipped ground even if they are in stock.
Ask them to order wire harness too. They ordered after my battery pack came in and then has to wait 2 week.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ask them to order wire harness too. They ordered after my battery pack came in and then has to wait 2 week.

Yep they got the FCA engineers to authorize the battery replacement but seems like corporate has to order the battery pack (dealer claims they aren't allowed to directly order the $7.5K battery pack anymore).
At least I got them to give me a free dealer courtesy minivan vehicle so I don't have to pay out of pocket while we wait to receive the parts and get it fixed (battery pack is a ground shipment).
They have 3 more weeks to get whatever parts they need and fix the problem that's causing the MIL codes (before we have the buyback lemon law discussion).
I'll post another update once I get more information on root cause and all the codes they found/fixed

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep they got the FCA engineers to authorize the battery replacement but seems like corporate has to order the battery pack (dealer claims they aren't allowed to directly order the $7.5K battery pack anymore).
At least I got them to give me a free dealer courtesy minivan vehicle so I don't have to pay out of pocket while we wait to receive the parts and get it fixed (battery pack is a ground shipment).
They have 3 more weeks to get whatever parts they need and fix the problem that's causing the MIL codes (before we have the buyback lemon law discussion).
I'll post another update once I get more information on root cause and all the codes they found/fixed
FYI they found the air filter cover completely unsecured. It was quite the odd question when the dealer asked if I took it off, so I politely said no I'm not sure why anyone would touch anything under the hood on a van this new (he agreed). At least the HV battery is finally on its way next week. I definitely don't have much confidence left in the FCA QA process right now, but the silver lining is the dealer has had the opportunity to catch these QA problems before they cause any further problems. I can only hope others don't encounter these types of serious issues shortly after delivery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts