2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
FWIW, we have a Costco within 3/4 mile from a Discount Tire. While a member of Costco for over a decade, and a former tire purchaser there, I prefer Discount Tire. Not sure if you have one near you, but if you do it might be worth checking out. Just another option, that's all.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Last time I checked discount tire is 45-50 minutes in a direction seldom traveled. Costco is 15-20 and we are always down and around Costco. But appreciate the thought.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I know I'm late to the party here, but I had the Michelin Premiers on my 2006 Town & Country before I traded it in on my '18 pacifica, and those were the BEST TIRES I've ever had in terms of grip and ride. They stuck to the road no matter the conditions, icy, snowy, wet, etc... They were fast-wearing, no doubt. I don't remember how many miles I had on them before I traded the car in, but looking at my tire purchase date and when I traded the van in it was probably about 30k miles and the tread was still okay-ish (probably due for replacement in the next 5k miles or so).

I don't know what issues people were having with them other than fast wear (but for me, grip is more important than wear/cost---as tires are the number one factor on stopping when you need to stop and going when you need to go). I plan on replacing my Pacifica OEMs with Michelin Premiers unless someone talks me out of it...(and this talk of the goodyears and the issues from the factory isn't exactly compelling)
I got this Michelin Premiers put on and dropped the the WeatherReadys off at the goodyear shop on friday.

Night and Day difference. Those goodyears were so bad it cost me 2 mpgs, we went out of town for some pictures the following sunday and it was drastically better, I got my milage back. I should have NEVER went against my gut feeling and just stuck with costco michelins.

One of the managers at goodyear had the nerve to tell me that the reason they would have never known that two tires were out of round was because they dont have a road force balancer. REALLY!? what kind of bs excuse is that - your littlerally a goodyear service shop that sells tires and you dont have the industry standard? No thanks. Costco has top notch customer service and they stand by everything they sell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the Costco tire experience was smooth and satisfying. I hope the tires continue to perform for you. Right now I'm at a crossroads where I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy a new set of all-seasons before winter, or instead if I want to rock summer and winter wheels. The deciding factor may be the fact that I don't really want to store another set of wheels in the garage all year (I already swap wheels on another vehicle).

41 - 44 of 44 Posts