2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just purchased my 2019 limited brand new and I did not purchase a extended warranty at the time of purchase. I want to explore the possibility of purchasing a extended warranty thru Mopar because I am assuming that’s the best brand warranty coverage. Where can I get this warranty ? And what’s everyone paying for it and for what length?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had anyone purchased the Road Hazard Tire & Wheel warranty and used with success ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a CNA Extended warranty (instead of the MOPAR one) when I got my 2017 Pacifica because I was concerned with the first model year of this vehicle. So far, I have used mine SEVERAL times so I would highly recommend. I don't know if they have worked the kinks out, but my 2017 has had several warranty issues that they have fixed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello everyone I just purchased my 2019 limited brand new and I did not purchase a extended warranty at the time of purchase. I want to explore the possibility of purchasing a extended warranty thru Mopar because I am assuming that’s the best brand warranty coverage. Where can I get this warranty ? And what’s everyone paying for it and for what length?
I've unfortunately found that buying an extended warranty has generally been a good choice for me, regardless of which brand I buy. For my 2018 PacHy, I purchased the Mopar 7 year unlimited mileage warranty with $100 deductible. Why? Lately I'm driving 3k to 4k miles per month, with about 170 mile r/t commute to work daily, and figure that maximum years & mileage made the most sense for me. As far as I know, the Mopar MaxCare is the only unlimited mileage one out there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought the lifetime Mopar warranty from Ziegler, mainly because I tend to keep cars at long time and most problems hit after the 10 year mark. And yet I still get emails from Mopar about the "great deals" on buying an extended warranty.

So far I've been lucky with my Pacifica... two recalls and two minor issues, all covered by the standard warranty and only a few hours in the shop each time.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Email Ziegler’s or Hayes Jeep dealerships. They usually offer the cheapest deals on mopar warranty. There are some other codes which offer a couple hundred additional off if you search relevant threads on this forum. Good thing you didn’t buy the warranty from selling dealership.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased the mopar 8year /125k mile maximum care and the mopar 7 year unlimited mileage road hazard tire and wheel for $3,065

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I purchased the mopar 8year /125k mile maximum care and the mopar 7 year unlimited mileage road hazard tire and wheel for $3,065
Great. The prices are generally higher than a few years ago, but it’s the same for everyone. Good thing is that you can now leave some worries behind.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a CNA Extended warranty (instead of the MOPAR one) when I got my 2017 Pacifica because I was concerned with the first model year of this vehicle. So far, I have used mine SEVERAL times so I would highly recommend. I don't know if they have worked the kinks out, but my 2017 has had several warranty issues that they have fixed.
I'm confused. I thought all Pacifica's came with a basic warranty, and I thought any extended warranty would not cover anything until the basic warranty ran out. Have you already driven enough miles that your basic warranty has run out, or am I missing something where you can get a different warranty from the beginning?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'm confused. I thought all Pacifica's came with a basic warranty, and I thought any extended warranty would not cover anything until the basic warranty ran out. Have you already driven enough miles that your basic warranty has run out, or am I missing something where you can get a different warranty from the beginning?
You are correct that the basic warranty covers items first, but sometimes an extended warranty covers things that aren't included in the basic warranty. For example, with the extended Mopar plan that I got, some rental car coverage is included for maintenance and repairs from the date of purchase of the extended warranty. The roadside assistance is also extended for more years. There is also some trip interruption coverage.

You have to read the extended warranty and your van's original warranty to see what the difference is and whether it is worth it to you.

The additional warranty doesn't have to be purchased when the van is purchased, but there may be a limit to when it can be purchased. You'll have to check how long your have. I purchased the extended warranty about the time the van was a year old.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Chrysler Extended Warranty

The Chrysler Pacifica Extended Warranty is reasonably priced compared to the price of repairs. I was offered the Maximum Care 7 year 100,000 mile warranty at the dealership when I purchased it but the price was over $ 4,000 dollars! I wasn't going to pay that for a Extended Warranty. Later I decided to shop around online. I got multiple quotes with huge differences. Some offered financing at a higher price, some only financed through a credit card that you had to sign up for through them.
The by far most helpful of all the extended warranty numbers I called was Chrysler-Factory-Warranty.com very helpful straightforward and was a very fair price saved me a bunch of money on top of being helpful. hope this helps with your search for a Extended Warranty for your Chrysler Pacifica.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts