2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So warranty question, mice got in my van and did some chewing. Got my driver side sliding door speaker. Dealership says "awww bumper to bumper except mice chews.". Won't the warranty cover the parts to fix it? Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
302 Posts
So warranty question, mice got in my van and did some chewing. Got my driver side sliding door speaker. Dealership says "awww bumper to bumper except mice chews.". Won't the warranty cover the parts to fix it? Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Paul
I cannot imagine they will cover this, its not a manufacturer fault, would be like them giving you a new hood cos hail stones hit it....... unless of course you can prove that the mouse came from them and was in the car when you bought it !! I don't think its going to happen unfortunately.

·
Registered
368 Posts

Thanks,
Paul
Warranty only covers premature failure from normal use. It does not cover damage to your vehicle, thats what insurance is for - I suggest starting there

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes, check the comprehensive coverage for your car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This should be a covered loss under your comprehensive coverage. Garden variety, they get claims like this all the time.

The only story you could come up with here would be that the mouse damaged the car while it was at the factory or the dealer lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I cannot imagine they will cover this, its not a manufacturer fault, would be like them giving you a new hood cos hail stones hit it....... unless of course you can prove that the mouse came from them and was in the car when you bought it !! I don't think its going to happen unfortunately.
I hear that some auto manufacturers are now using soy-based wiring insulation, which tastes good to mice. This very well may be the manufacturer's fault, IMO.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I hear that some auto manufacturers are now using soy-based wiring insulation, which tastes good to mice. This very well may be the manufacturer's fault, IMO.
I recall reading a court ruling recently about a similar case and they did not agree about the soy based wires being a defective part. They simply considered it as an eco friendly material.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
C'mon do they really think I am going to crawl under my car and tape wiring and hoses. The mice are smarter and more clever than I am and will find the one wire I missed and gnaw it. Besides, my van is under an oak tree. Squirrels are rodents too and might they gnaw wires when the acorns are gone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
deju vue

C'mon do they really think I am going to crawl under my car and tape wiring and hoses. The mice are smarter and more clever than I am and will find the one wire I missed and gnaw it. Besides, my van is under an oak tree. Squirrels are rodents too and might they gnaw wires when the acorns are gone.
I wrote this last fall and I guess the squirrels got revenge for disssing them. Maybe I should have heeded the advice in this thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In January we had mice get into the engine bay in our 2018 Pacifica, build a nest and eat through the main wire harness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts