2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want the silver teal, but was told by the dealer that it is not available to order right now. He showed me a screen shot of available colors - no silver teal.

We *really* strongly prefer silver teal and I see people on here have ordered that color. Has anyone ordered silver teal recently?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was also my preferred color. The web site continues to show that it is an available color and allows you to build and price a vehicle painted Silver Teal. For lack of any better information, maybe they didn't order enough of the Silver Teal paint. :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Called yesterday to place an order for tusk white after finally giving up on waiting for silver teal... And of course that color isn't available either. Chrysler is making my decision to buy one of their products very challenging.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I placed an order for mine last night and neither Teal nor Tusk white was showing on the order builder. We really wanted teal so I had the salesman make some calls to no avail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I placed an order for mine last night and neither Teal nor Tusk white was showing on the order builder. We really wanted teal so I had the salesman make some calls to no avail.
When I checked with Chrysler via their chat function a few days ago they wouldn't give me a reason but they said that it is very possible that the silver teal may be available in May. I am still dumbfounded that any struggling company would give potential customers a reason to walk away from a purchase over options they themselves have advertised but have failed to make available. Quit printing the stupid hybrid booklets with silver teal if you won't let folks have it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
When I checked with Chrysler via their chat function a few days ago they wouldn't give me a reason but they said that it is very possible that the silver teal may be available in May. I am still dumbfounded that any struggling company would give potential customers a reason to walk away from a purchase over options they themselves have advertised but have failed to make available. Quit printing the stupid hybrid booklets with silver teal if you won't let folks have it.
Keep in mind all colors save silver teal are available in all trim lines of the Pacifica. Chrysler only has so many paint lines available so they paint them in color batches then outfit the vans in the particular trim line required. They do not have a separate paint line for every color. I suspect in the case of silver teal they are waiting for enough orders for that color to make changing one paint line over to silver teal worth while. Changing the color of a paint line can be a real pain. As far as white, could be the same issue.
I hope you are really sold on silver teal. I saw a silver teal van at the NY Auto show and was less than impressed with the color. I my observation it appeared to be nothing more than light blue. I imagine they have a whole group of donut eaters sitting around coming up with these screwy names for basic colors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That would seem to make sense if they still took orders for those colors. But there is no way to build up enough orders to necessitate switching a paint line if you don't even allow orders for those colors. Only other options I could think of would be they are out of the paint colors or they are no longer going to offer those colors on the hybrid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't have any news about silver teal but the dealer I'm trying to work with just told me that tusk white has been discontinued and that may is the last month for jazz blue orders. Not sure if it's BS but they claim that's what Chrysler told them. He is surprised because those were popular colors for their chain of dealerships. If they keep choosing to kill off colors my wife likes I may not end up with a new hybrid.... Frustrating.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I talked to Chrysler Care yesterday and they told me there will be no more silver teal in the 2017 model. Not sure how that makes sense as they stopped selling it before it was really even available. I was really hoping for it because I am bored with the same old car colors and was looking for something at least a bit different. Folks who have a silver teal have a REALLY limited edition!

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have a silver teal van on order since Mar 23. The dealer told us yesterday that the production status had been dropped from D back to C. Looks like we won't be getting it anytime soon...as long as it eventually comes, we will be happy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's so strange. You'd think if they had more to produce, they would keep selling them... Please keep us updated on your car. I really want one, and I'm hoping to find a dealer order locally that hasn't yet arrived.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This type of issue, points to either a supply issue, or a long term issue they found could become a problem, so they're stopping it before it happens.

I've also seen this color on a vehicle, One of my customers is an Auto Blogger and she received a test van for a week. I wasn't impressed with it either, it looked like a slightly darker sky blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
This type of issue, points to either a supply issue, or a long term issue they found could become a problem, so they're stopping it before it happens.

I've also seen this color on a vehicle, One of my customers is an Auto Blogger and she received a test van for a week. I wasn't impressed with it either, it looked like a slightly darker sky blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I saw a Hybrid at the NY Auto Show in April. I was very disappointed in the color, basically a light blue, no pop, no pizazz, just light blue. It looked nothing like the pictures in the brochure or on the web site. Silver teal was a color I was first hoping to get changed my mind and got the red and am very happy with it. Why do they always try to come up with a new name for every color. Red, light blue, navy blue, grey, dark gray, silver, etc. thats all they need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good to know... I like light blue, though. White, black, silver = yawn. The cordovan intrigues me, but I haven't seen it live. Looks too brown in pictures. The red is my second choice. I wish dealers would give minivan buys some color choices. At least one unique color per model. Maybe the color of the year? I don't know. SOMETHING. Just because I'm in a minivan doesn't mean I no longer have a personality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if Chrysler has fixed the Silver Teal issue. After downgrading our production status last week, they have now moved it back to where it was. So hopefully they will be making it in the next few weeks!! Yeah:laugh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got mine last week

Ordered my car Dec 19, dealer switched my color to silver teal a few months later when announced, and got it last week. It is a nice sky blue color, similar to honda and toyota, but has no teal in the color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ordered my car Dec 19, dealer switched my color to silver teal a few months later when announced, and got it last week. It is a nice sky blue color, similar to honda and toyota, but has no teal in the color.
Can you share a photo with us?
Congrats on your van!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree, I had a blue 95 Honda Accord which I think they called Blue Green. You really couldn't see green in the color at all. I expected the Silver Teal to be a green teal color along the line of what they showed in the big glossy brochure I picked up at a dealer last summer. At that time I didn't know it was only going to be available in the Hybrid and I chose it as my #1. It was also a big disappointment when it actually came out as blue! So, I decided to go for one of the silver colors instead, but during a test drive of a Molten Silver I saw a Tusk White on the dealer's lot and fell in love with that color! To me, the Tusk White with Mocha interior is just a gorgeous combination!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts