2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what comes with each of the SiriusXM Guardian packages?

Their website has the package name and price...but no description!
  • SiriusXM Guardian Remote
  • SiriusXM Guardian Security
  • SiriusXM Guardian Assist
  • SiriusXM Guardian Assist + Security
  • SiriusXM Guardian Convenience
  • SiriusXM Guardian Convenience + Security
My SiriusXM Guardian subscription expired and I'm trying to figure out what comes with each package. I've called SiriusXM twice and each time they can tell me on the phone in general terms, but both reps said there is nothing that is written on their site nor the Mopar site that details each package. I've even asked them to email me the details and I get the very dubious "I don't think we have any details we can send to you..."

What the heck?

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
963 Posts
I think the first 4 are fairly self-explanatory. Not sure about Convenience pkg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Scroll down and you will see all packages with pricing and what it includes.
Goodness, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't know why the SiriusXM Guardian sales department make it so hard to get this list. Thanks much!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings,

Just hit my 1 year mark with the Pacifica. The remote services expired a week ago. Got an offer 3 days ago for the "SiriusXM Guardian Convenience + Security package" for $60 for 6 months. Have not decided whether to go for it or not.

Regards,

GHTech

Reactions: alMD

·
Registered
34 Posts
10 bucks isn’t bad , is that package worth .33 cents a day to you .
Agreed. I might take it. Don't travel as much in the Pacifica on the longer runs since I just leased a Hyundai Nexo, which is a Hydrogen powered EV, and comes with free Hydrogen. I also just got the POE15 (heater) error, and the part has been ordered. For the local runs, the Pacifica will start on gas, and switch over the battery after a few miles.

Reactions: Cornfield

·
Registered
34 Posts
How’s the hydrogen availability?
I have a station about 3 miles away (in So. Cal.), that they keep filled most of the time. My commute is only a couple of miles each way. My son started college in No. Cal. last Sep. and the roundtrip is about 800 miles. Did that in the Pacifica until we got the Nexo. Have done the 800 miles (in 1 day) twice, without too much of hassle. Had to plan it a bit, but travel time was the same as the Pacifica. If it was a full BEV, then one would have had to add the charging time of about 2 - 3 hours. Looks like the hydrogen supply is starting to improve, and hopefully they will add more stations. Currently, most stations are centered around San Francisco and Los Angeles.

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle Hybrid
39 Posts
I am in nearly identical situation…my 1 year was up last week…I’ve also gotten the $60 for 6 months offer…fine print states unless you cancel, it will automatically move to the monthly fee of $25.95 (iirc)…I am a buyer @ $10 per month…not a chance for $26…not sure what I’ll end up doing.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Pinnacle Maximum Steel
128 Posts
I am in nearly identical situation…my 1 year was up last week…I’ve also gotten the $60 for 6 months offer…fine print states unless you cancel, it will automatically move to the monthly fee of $25.95 (iirc)…I am a buyer @ $10 per month…not a chance for $26…not sure what I’ll end up doing.
Honestly thought about it, prices are still kinda a joke, so decided to just sign up for a month when I go out of town and need the services. Otherwise sticking to no subscription. They are upcharging us a lot even with those discounts.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I have a station about 3 miles away (in So. Cal.), that they keep filled most of the time. My commute is only a couple of miles each way. My son started college in No. Cal. last Sep. and the roundtrip is about 800 miles. Did that in the Pacifica until we got the Nexo. Have done the 800 miles (in 1 day) twice, without too much of hassle. Had to plan it a bit, but travel time was the same as the Pacifica. If it was a full BEV, then one would have had to add the charging time of about 2 - 3 hours. Looks like the hydrogen supply is starting to improve, and hopefully they will add more stations. Currently, most stations are centered around San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Nice , I personally think that hydrogen will outpace electricity.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts
Nice , I personally think that hydrogen will outpace electricity.
Not a chance for personal vehicles. Hydrogen has a chance in large commercial vehicles. But even then there are significant difficulties in hydrogen production, transportation, and storage. And hydrogen fuel cell vehicles still have large batteries in them. So you have all the difficulties of EV production, with the added difficulty of creating a whole hydrogen production, distribution, and storage system.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I wouldn’t say that exactly , manufacturer’s are and have been dabbling with hydrogen and that I know from personal experience . Commercial and personal vehicle divisions have more than their feet wet today regarding this avenue .

·
Registered
755 Posts
I wouldn’t say that exactly , manufacturer’s are and have been dabbling with hydrogen and that I know from personal experience . Commercial and personal vehicle divisions have more than their feet wet today regarding this avenue .
I have no doubt. But we aren't going to build a whole new hydrogen distribution system. And hydrogen is really hard to transport and store in large quantities. There are also problems with hydrogen production. Production of hydrogen is currently very carbon intensive itself, as most of it is a result of oil and gas production. You could make hydrogen in a "green" way by using renewable or nuclear energy to produce hydrogen from water electrolysis. But you still have all the distribution and storage problems. And if you are going to produce all that extra electricity to make green hydrogen, it makes way more sense just to use it to power vehicles directly. It's more efficient. The distribution system doesn't need to be created from scratch. And producing all that electricity could be used for other things like electrifying home heating. Hydrogen just has too much stacked against it for mass adoption.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Have some faith , besides the infrastructure for bev is years and years behind . And of course it will start with commercial aspect and then transfer into the general public vehicles . I can’t wait to sit back and watch the bev vehicles parts supply crunch , costs skyrocket and manufacturers complain about margins . And if anything , europe has show us that electricity costs will skyrocket as the transition becomes more and more rampant . Can this adaptation into bev and hydrogen become anymore riddled with hurdles .

·
Registered
755 Posts
Have some faith , besides the infrastructure for bev is years and years behind .
The infrastructure for hydrogen is non-existent. The infrastructure for BEV is basically there with only generating capacity and minor upgrades to go. And generating capacity has been increasing at 5% per year for decades. Turns out that’s basically enough to cover the transition to electric cars already. Nobody is going to spend the cash on hydrogen infrastructure. Especially when hydrogen fuel cell vehicles also require a large lithium ion battery. Easier to make a bigger battery than also deal with the hydrogen issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings,

Apologizes to the OP for the change in topic. Hydrogen works well here in Cal. if one lives in certain areas. More stations are planned and are being built, and a new plant is about to open in Las Vegas that will help with any supply issues. Not sure if/when the rest of the U.S. will get any stations. No idea about the situation in Canada.

Regards,

GHTech

1 - 18 of 18 Posts