2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum but have lurked around from time to time. I've noticed a lot of ppl having issues with their sliding doors and I am as well. I have a 2018 Touring Plus that I purchased used almost 2nyears ago. From the get go I noticed the driver's side sliding door would open itself up upon trying to close it several times. Took it to the dealership and they "updated" the module or whatever but it didn't fix anything at all and I have continued to deal with the issue. Does anyone have a permanent fix for this? In addition, I have noticed that neither sliding door wants to just open back up it something is obstructing it from closing. My wife's odyssey requires just a small touch and it recognizes something is in the way of the door and it opens back up. My pacifica on the other hand I have to push on with all my weight to get it to recognize something is in the way. This became a huge issue today when our 2 year old decided to close the door on himself before fully entering the vehicle and the door closed on him without opening back up and now he has some pretty good bruises on his body from it. Doesn't seem very safe. Luckily I was right there and quickly got the door opened. Does anyone know the specs for what it should take for the door to open itself? Also having hard shifting issues. Honestly Ive been pretty disappointed in my pacifica.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,247 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum but have lurked around from time to time. I've noticed a lot of ppl having issues with their sliding doors and I am as well. I have a 2018 Touring Plus that I purchased used almost 2nyears ago. From the get go I noticed the driver's side sliding door would open itself up upon trying to close it several times. Took it to the dealership and they "updated" the module or whatever but it didn't fix anything at all and I have continued to deal with the issue. Does anyone have a permanent fix for this? In addition, I have noticed that neither sliding door wants to just open back up it something is obstructing it from closing. My wife's odyssey requires just a small touch and it recognizes something is in the way of the door and it opens back up. My pacifica on the other hand I have to push on with all my weight to get it to recognize something is in the way. This became a huge issue today when our 2 year old decided to close the door on himself before fully entering the vehicle and the door closed on him without opening back up and now he has some pretty good bruises on his body from it. Doesn't seem very safe. Luckily I was right there and quickly got the door opened. Does anyone know the specs for what it should take for the door to open itself? Also having hard shifting issues. Honestly Ive been pretty disappointed in my pacifica.
Try relearning the power sliding door modules.

With the sliding door shut and ignition switched off, pull fuse F27 (right side) and/or F49 (left side) for a couple minutes to reset the corresponding power sliding door module. After reinserting the fuses, use one of the buttons to fully open and close the door with the electric motor. You just need to make sure the door doesn't encounter any obstructions during the first open & close cycle because it is relearning the open & closed positions. Once the door is closed the relearn process is complete. If for some reason the door does encounter an obstruction during this process, simply pull the fuse again and start over. Please let us know whether or not this works for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try relearning the power sliding door modules.

With the sliding door shut and ignition switched off, pull fuse F27 (right side) and/or F49 (left side) for a couple minutes to reset the corresponding power sliding door module. After reinserting the fuses, use one of the buttons to fully open and close the door with the electric motor. You just need to make sure the door doesn't encounter any obstructions during the first open & close cycle because it is relearning the open & closed positions. Once the door is closed the relearn process is complete. If for some reason the door does encounter an obstruction during this process, simply pull the fuse again and start over. Please let us know whether or not this works for you.
Thanks. I will give it a try. Any tips for the doors not opening back up when there is something obstructing it? Or any info about the hard shifts?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,247 Posts
Thanks. I will give it a try. Any tips for the doors not opening back up when there is something obstructing it? Or any info about the hard shifts?
There's an old TSB that addresses the issues you're having with the doors. The solution is to flash software updates to the sliding doors. If the doors still aren't working properly, the dealership didn't flash the updates specified in the TSB. You can try my suggestion with the fuses, but if that doesn't work you'll have no choice but to go back to the dealership. There may be a software update available for the transmission to address the hard shifting too. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell unless you take it to a dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's an old TSB that addresses the issues you're having with the doors. The solution is to flash software updates to the sliding doors. If the doors still aren't working properly, the dealership didn't flash the updates specified in the TSB. You can try my suggestion with the fuses, but if that doesn't work you'll have no choice but to go back to the dealership. There may be a software update available for the transmission to address the hard shifting too. Unfortunately, there's no way to tell unless you take it to a dealership.
I will give the fuses a try. The dealership already updated software once but clearly it didn't help at all. I appreciate the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts