2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm in the process of replacing the stock speakers and everything was pretty straight forward with the dash and front doors but I'm a bit hung up getting the sliding door panels off. Has anyone seen a guide or anything concerning this?

I have the bolts out by the interior handle and have the side and bottom perimeter popped loose but I cannot figure out the top. That whole child sunscreen area isn't moving and I really don't feel like breaking it.

Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, by the looks of that the plastic "grill" area is a seperate piece so I may be able to get that off to access the speaker screws and drop the speaker out the bottom that I already have loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully this will help someone. First, despite how it looks in that link the grill area of the panel is part of the single piece mold.

To actually get the panel off, in addition to the side and bottom panel clips there are clips in the middle of the panel - basically just above and to the center of the speaker grill area. It takes a decent tug with your hand behind the panel (easiest from the front of the panel) and these clips release and the whole panel is free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Just plug and play. I'm putting JVC Clubs for the 3.5" dash; JVC 6.5" in the front doors and Piioneer 6x9's in the back doors. In all my previous vehicles I've completely rewired, amped and fab'd fiberglass sub enclosures but I simply don't have the time.

For the Pac it's factory wiring, 15W ish going to the speaker from the stock amp. I basically went for higher sensitivity speakers with RMS power handling on the low end.

Will I miss a thumping sub? Yup. But... it's a work veh so I'm on the phone half the time with customers and I can always come home to my 15" 1400W RMS sub in the living room that hits below 20hz :wink2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello All: I’m having trouble removing the interior front door panels to replace the speakers. I removed the screw under the latch handle and removed the clips all around the perimeter of the panel. The center of the panel will not release. Is there another screw in the middle or just more clips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you have one more screw to go and then there are also additional clips along the window after you get the screw out. For me those were more difficult to pup out than the other perimeter ones.

Second screw is in the arm rest. Remove the rubber piece that's inside the recess on the top of the arm rest and you'll see the screw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts