2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had to reply....it's back. What a weird one.

So far have gotten and error message twice "after the fix", here are the consistent things
  • Always the driver side sliding door, like last time
  • In the AM before the first start, van is garaged so it's not getting super cold
  • A manual open/close resets the door, then goes back to normal operation, even with engine off (wondering if there was a battery voltage issue)
  • Passenger power door works completely fine
I guess back to the dealer, need to wait for the error to come back so might be awhile. If I get lucky and the message happens at home, I'll try to check the battery voltage, still don't want to write that off just yet.

FCA was the original owner before I bought the van used, surprised they didn't run into this, if this keeps up might need to swing by the tech center, smart money is that there is a DRE out their that knows what's really going on. Save that for the 4th visit ;)

So my leading guesses (pure shot in the dark, FCA has locked down their CAN bus and the van is under warranty, so they can do the diagnosis):
  1. FCA has a bad habit of putting harness connectors in silly places, so let's go with my fav: moisture intrusion into connectors, creating sporadic electrical issues
  2. Software: module wakeup not happening correctly from sleep

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,070 Posts
I just had to reply....it's back. What a weird one.

So far have gotten and error message twice "after the fix", here are the consistent things
  • Always the driver side sliding door, like last time
  • In the AM before the first start, van is garaged so it's not getting super cold
  • A manual open/close resets the door, then goes back to normal operation, even with engine off (wondering if there was a battery voltage issue)
  • Passenger power door works completely fine
I guess back to the dealer, need to wait for the error to come back so might be awhile. If I get lucky and the message happens at home, I'll try to check the battery voltage, still don't want to write that off just yet.

FCA was the original owner before I bought the van used, surprised they didn't run into this, if this keeps up might need to swing by the tech center, smart money is that there is a DRE out their that knows what's really going on. Save that for the 4th visit ;)

So my leading guesses (pure shot in the dark, FCA has locked down their CAN bus and the van is under warranty, so they can do the diagnosis):
  1. FCA has a bad habit of putting harness connectors in silly places, so let's go with my fav: moisture intrusion into connectors, creating sporadic electrical issues
  2. Software: module wakeup not happening correctly from sleep
It does make sense to check the batteries.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Once again time will tell if the fix is permanent. They applied a software update: "1819319B PSD Module Update"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Once again time will tell if the fix is permanent. They applied a software update: "1819319B PSD Module Update"
I just had a bulletin related to the sliding doors applied to both door modules last Friday. Will let you know if the issue comes back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had a bulletin related to the sliding doors applied to both door modules last Friday. Will let you know if the issue comes back.
Cool, farther back in this thread it looks like there were software updates that did not fix this issue. Hoping it's a new update. Either way, I still have a far amount of warranty left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what I did.
What I did was bring the red switch back toward the front of vehicle closed the door and it worked! Thank U for pointing me in the right direction!

Don
What red switch? Can you post a video? My door just stopped working

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is no red switch, people were playing around with the wiring harness connector that happens to have a red locking tab. Knock yourself out playing around with the connector, but I doubt that's the root cause for the door issue. FYI since the software update the power door seems to be working 100% of the time. Now, beforehand they replaced the door module and latch assembly. So who knows if it was a software issue the entire time, or if it was a combination of issues that needed to be addressed. My post talking about battery voltage and wiring was a red herring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mjr0483,

I had this exact problem today and figured it out. The online manual states if there is something obstructing it, it shuts off. To reset it, here's what I did. There is a small black box under the track where wires run into both sides. On top you will find a red switch. Switch it in the other direction, leave for a few seconds, then switch it back. Then pull the door all the way back until it clicks and locks. Make sure it doesn't slide forward at all. Then pull the handle out and slide the door to the closed position. When closing, you should feel some resistance. When fully closed, try the button then. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, could be another deeper issue. Hope this helps!
The red switch on the block you are referring to is a lock for the electric connection, does nothing to reset anything SMH...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same issue with the driver ride sliding door and I did some of the recommendations here. I did a soft reset by disconnecting the battery fo 10 mins, checking the fuses, checking the connection under the track. I was resigned I would have to take it to the dealer. I tried one more thing. I opened and closed first the passenger side door and then the tailgate using the fob keys. I pressed the driver side button on the fob and voila it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cool, farther back in this thread it looks like there were software updates that did not fix this issue. Hoping it's a new update. Either way, I still have a far amount of warranty left.
Lucky you. I had the same thing. I believe is the interior handle that get stock. Happens more frequently because is more used

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,070 Posts
Lucky you. I had the same thing. I believe is the interior handle that get stock. Happens more frequently because is more used
Welcome to the forum.
If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier. The build date is on the edge of the driver's door.

What is the problem with your door? Sometimes the handle needs replaced (hardware), other times something can be flashed (software). The sliding door reversing instead of latching was a software issue for my van.

The message "power door unavailable" could also be related to not having the shifter in Park. No rolling drop offs with this van.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mjr0483,

I had this exact problem today and figured it out. The online manual states if there is something obstructing it, it shuts off. To reset it, here's what I did. There is a small black box under the track where wires run into both sides. On top you will find a red switch. Switch it in the other direction, leave for a few seconds, then switch it back. Then pull the door all the way back until it clicks and locks. Make sure it doesn't slide forward at all. Then pull the handle out and slide the door to the closed position. When closing, you should feel some resistance. When fully closed, try the button then. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, could be another deeper issue. Hope this helps!
Umm, the red switch you are referring to is the lock keeping the wire harness together, it is not a reset switch:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
mjr0483,

I know this post is 4 years old, but I had the same problem today. I opened the door all the way, moved the switch to the other direction, then put it back after 5 seconds. I pushed the door back into the fully open position (it was almost there to reach the switch) and didn't need to do anything else. Once the door was in the fully open position it closed by itself. Did an open and close with the handle button to make sure it was working that way and everything is fine. Thanks!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts