2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
mjr0483,

I had this exact problem today and figured it out. The online manual states if there is something obstructing it, it shuts off. To reset it, here's what I did. There is a small black box under the track where wires run into both sides. On top you will find a red switch. Switch it in the other direction, leave for a few seconds, then switch it back. Then pull the door all the way back until it clicks and locks. Make sure it doesn't slide forward at all. Then pull the handle out and slide the door to the closed position. When closing, you should feel some resistance. When fully closed, try the button then. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, could be another deeper issue. Hope this helps!
I did this and it worked!

·
Registered
11 Posts
After reporting the same issue two times to the dealer, I still have the same issue randomly. I don't have anything or anyone touching or blocking the doors when this happens. I even recorded TWO videos for the dealer to see what was happening and I'm not crazy, but they just said they couldn't found any error codes so nothing can be done.

Simply unbelievable. This is one of many issues I've had with this piece of crap since I bought it one year ago.
Yuuuup. Ours has done it since day one 2 or 3 times a month. Every single time the dealer says "no error code". More recently the passenger side window has been going down on it's own and even more horrifying the vehicle has stopped on the road with a "Service Shifter" notification. Would you believe they can't find any error code for that either.

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
All of that points to bad battery (batteries). A proper test of the electrical system will tell all.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have a similar but different issue. For some reason the switches on both sides just inside the door to open/close the door don't work, but if I touch the little button on the door handle it works fine, any ideas?
It’s a bit late to reply but it seems like your childlock button is turned on accidentally (at the roof). Hope you got it fixed in the intervening 3-4 years. :D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s a bit late to reply but it seems like your childlock button is turned on accidentally (at the roof). Hope you got it fixed in the intervening 3-4 years. :D.
That has happened to my wife, but after she had some service done the sliding doors did't open and close correctly. I disconnected, waited 20 seconds and reconnected the car's battery and everything worked fine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
And the connector with the tab on it that people keep playing with, it's not the root cause, the issue will come back.
I had the problem and fixed in June 2019. See post 53. It has not come back.
Also, many Pachy electrical gremlins may be caused or aggravated by dying 12v batteries. You may not get any indication of a dying 12v battery until it is too late. There is no engine cranking degradation to let you know it is going bad. So I suggest read:
No disconnections or panel removal required. All you need is a voltmeter and know how to use it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this totally worked for me. My door works now. Thanks so much for posting this solution!!!

mjr0483,

I had this exact problem today and figured it out. The online manual states if there is something obstructing it, it shuts off. To reset it, here's what I did. There is a small black box under the track where wires run into both sides. On top you will find a red switch. Switch it in the other direction, leave for a few seconds, then switch it back. Then pull the door all the way back until it clicks and locks. Make sure it doesn't slide forward at all. Then pull the handle out and slide the door to the closed position. When closing, you should feel some resistance. When fully closed, try the button then. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, could be another deeper issue. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do have the same issue on my 2018 Hybrid Limited model. It's happening on the passenger side of the car. It's been happening for about 4 years now. Dealer told me they can charge me a diagnostic fee if I wish to. It became more frequent recently so I came back here to see what has changes since I first visited this thread 3 years ago. And looks like FSA still haven't figure it out.

To make things more interesting my driver side sliding door experience not latching issue reported here. So I'm lucky enough to have one door that wouldn't close and another one that won't move at all :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
mjr0483,

Didn't seem to work on my 2017 Pacifica, but locking and unlocking the door with the key worked!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That video didnt reveal much. I have had this occur to me a few times. The culprit was my daughter. She has a tendency to shut the door from the inside while holding the handle trying to pull it shut for some reason. This turns off the electric motor and disables the power slide. TO fix this, I have to manually shut the door and then use my key fob to open it which works 100% of the times. Hope that helps.
Yes! IT WORKED!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

101 - 110 of 110 Posts