2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately when I run out ac in our 2017 Pacifica that there is a musty moldy smell that actually affects my sinuses some. Just curious if there is a recall on this or if there is anything that can be done? We have owned it for about 1500 miles and couple months. It only has around 26,000 miles.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Most likely it is the drain for the air conditioner evaporator that is clogged. They should be able to use compressed air to clear the drain pretty easily. Getting rid of any mold is more difficult. Maybe they have something they can spray into the air intake?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have noticed lately when I run out ac in our 2017 Pacifica that there is a musty moldy smell that actually affects my sinuses some. Just curious if there is a recall on this or if there is anything that can be done? We have owned it for about 1500 miles and couple months. It only has around 26,000 miles.
Check out this Forum thread for more info on this:
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/474-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-issues-problems/27402-c-smell-door-issues.html

·
Registered
124 Posts
We have this every now and then too, but it's never consistent. A quick and easy mix is replacing the cabin air filter as a first remedy, as we've never had the symptoms with a newer filter. I believe the Pacifica is more sensitive to dirty filters than most other cars, but I can't wrap my brain around why or how.

If you do replace the cabin air filter, you can do it yourself, but buy it from the dealer or search the forum for a recommendation of a good web store. I only say this because at least where I am, the local and national parts stores (even the oil change places) think they have filters for the Pacifica, but in reality they are for older Chrysler vans or some other fit entirely.You need OEM on this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts