2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I am new to the forums and would like your recommendation with the following. I have a 2020 Pacifica Touring L 35th Anniversary with 235/60R 18 BSW all season Tires. Recently on our trip back home we became stranded on I95 in Virginia during the blizzard snow in early January. I had no traction on the snow-ice road conditions and had to be towed. I would like to get snow chains or cables but I am not sure which would work best in snow-ice road conditions. I welcome any suggestions and/or recommendations.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S
28 Posts
My 2021 with the same size tires recommends cables for clearance reasons. Info is contained in a supplemental manual for tire chains and cables.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
104 Posts
Greetings, I am new to the forums and would like your recommendation with the following. I have a 2020 Pacifica Touring L 35th Anniversary with 235/60R 18 BSW all season Tires. Recently on our trip back home we became stranded on I95 in Virginia during the blizzard snow in early January. I had no traction on the snow-ice road conditions and had to be towed. I would like to get snow chains or cables but I am not sure which would work best in snow-ice road conditions. I welcome any suggestions and/or recommendations.
Why not something like autosock? Pretty sure there is a thread about it somewhere on this forum. Looked like a good option when you are in a bind and need something for short distance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thank you for the information. I am not aware of Autosock but I will look into it. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cables worked for me recently when I needed them. Super Z6 cables from security chain company. Search the forum for “Z6” for more info.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ugly black rusting steel rims with snow tires. A true classic look that stays out of the ditches. Ah. Memories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts