2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the dumb posts on here about vehicle fires and think that only electric vehicles are so dangerous , think again .
D173CC10-0AAA-4316-B3DC-D6546CC56458.jpeg

·
Registered
529 Posts
No no no. I've been informed on multiple threads that only lithium batteries burn and everything else is fireproof. Honda must have made a mistake.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah till next Person suddenly joins and says “ my pacifica caught fire “ . , just saying ...lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's been made clear that any vehicle can catch fire, but I'm only interested in any investigations as to why the PacHy has caught fire, since I own one now, and will have another whenever it's built.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's been made clear that any vehicle can catch fire, but I'm only interested in any investigations as to why the PacHy has caught fire, since I own one now, and will have another whenever it's built.
Sensible enough. I'm interested too.

None of the 4 people here that have reported fires have given us anything. No fire reports. No cause and origin reports. They appear and give us a few pictures and an exciting story and poof they dissapear again.

Given the extremely small number of fires reported vs vans out there in the wild, I'm not concerned. Were not outside the normal rate of fires for gas vehicles at this point. I'm no more excited about this van bursting into flames than I am any other vehicle I've parked in garages my entire life.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My concern is the spontaneous fire from lithium battery vs combustion engine. You don't have time too exit the car. I wish we will have update on cause. Not sure they are caused by the battery.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the point here is not WHO getting fire. WHAT DID THE MANUFACTURER DO TO SOLVE OR PREVENT FIRE ?

HONDA RESPONDED with recall. what did CHRYSLER do ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
My concern is the spontaneous fire from lithium battery vs combustion engine. You don't have time too exit the car. I wish we will have update on cause. Not sure they are caused by the battery.
Just a thought. The combustion of gasoline vapors is probably more ‘spontaneous’ than the combustion/self destruction of a Li-ion battery when it goes into thermal runaway. My guess is that in most cases you’d have enough time to evacuate the vehicle. I have actually witnessed the intentionally induced thermal runaway of a small Li-ion battery. It’s definitely not slow but...

·
Registered
522 Posts
the point here is not WHO getting fire. WHAT DID THE MANUFACTURER DO TO SOLVE OR PREVENT FIRE ?

HONDA RESPONDED with recall. what did CHRYSLER do ?
From what I’ve read here, Chrysler did have a recall related to a situation that could have caused fires. Of course the cause must be identified before you do a recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts