2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Please post your deal numbers and show us how you made out!

I'm looking to buy a 2021 PacHy Limited S or Touring L S PASS this month, kind of glad I waited for this month because of the increased incentives.

If you've purchased a similar model recently in SoCal, can you post the DEALER DISCOUNT that you received(not including manufacturer or government incentives)?

I've read about 7/8% off invoice on the East Coast here:

Haven't found that here in SoCal yet, but I haven't widened the search to Central and NorCal. Russell Westbrook CJDR claims that they offer 3.8K dd, but two other dealers have said that it's bait and switch tactics. Guess I'm going to find out soon...

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid Limited with Safety package and Theater package
25 Posts
I just bought a 2021 hybrid Limited with the safety package and the theater package in Orange County. I didn’t really haggle but this is what happened with me:
1. There is $5000 in rebates available to everyone right now ($3k retail bonus cash and $2k national retail consumer cash)
2. Chrysler sent an email yesterday for $1k bonus cash allowance (email subject was “Kick off the new year with the ultimate family vehicle”). I got this because I made a quote on Chrysler.com back in December which enrolled me in emails. This has a unique code to it.
3. The initial out the door price was:
$51,430 MSRP
-$5000 rebates
-$1000 cash allowance email
$179 nitrogen fill for tires
$660 license fee
$85 documentation fee
$3992.41 tax
= $50346.41

4. I asked if they can take off the nitrogen filling because that seemed unnecessary. And the dealer went ahead and down to an even $50000.00. We agreed to this.

5.After about hour of waiting they called us in to sign papers, and talk about extended warranty.
They gave us four options for a 10 year warranty covering all electronics and mechanics issues. We chose the option with the $100 deductible. The pricing is a little complicated with the way they worded it* but in the end it added an additional $1861.44 to the cost.
so the final out the door cost was $51861.44.

*extended warranty actual cost calculation was $4687.50 - $1200 discount, and then they said they can lower our vehicle cost by $1500 if we purchase the warranty. But that’s all just fancy wording to make it sound more appealing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh yeah I also need to look into bonusdrive.com for an additional $250.00 check mailed to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought a 2021 hybrid Limited with the safety package and the theater package in Orange County. I didn’t really haggle but this is what happened with me:
1. There is $5000 in rebates available to everyone right now ($3k retail bonus cash and $2k national retail consumer cash)
2. Chrysler sent an email yesterday for $1k bonus cash allowance (email subject was “Kick off the new year with the ultimate family vehicle”). I got this because I made a quote on Chrysler.com back in December which enrolled me in emails. This has a unique code to it.
$51,430 MSRP
-$5000 rebates
$660 license fee
$85 documentation fee
$3992.41 tax
= $50346.41

4. I asked if they can take off the nitrogen filling because that seemed unnecessary. And the dealer went ahead and down to an even $50000.00. We agreed to this.

5.After about hour of waiting they called us in to sign papers, and talk about extended warranty.
They gave us four options for a 10 year warranty covering all electronics and mechanics issues. We chose the option with the $100 deductible. The pricing is a little complicated with the way they worded it* but in the end it added an additional $1861.44 to the cost.

*extended warranty actual cost calculation was $4687.50 - $1200 discount, and then they said they can lower our vehicle cost by $1500 if we purchase the warranty. But that’s all just fancy wording to make it sound more appealing.
Congrats on your new car and thanks for the info! Did you use Chrysler financing to use both the 3k and the 2k cash incentives? If so, what was your interest rate? One GSM said it would be 2.5-2.99, but I couldn't connect to a finance manager to confirm.

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
123 Posts
$51,430 MSRP
-$5000 rebates
$660 license fee
$85 documentation fee
$3992.41 tax
= $50346.41

Dealer really seemed to be playing smoke and mirrors with pricing/options/warranty (typical sales tricks).
Did they at least tell you the name (third party?) or offer documentation of the warranty plan, how many miles it was good for, and/or what dealers service centers it covers?
I don't believe any first party MOPAR/Chrysler certified warranty plans (as good as factory warranty since it must be accepted at any Chrysler dealership) that are offered for longer than 8 years.
Luckily most warranty plans offer a full refund of unused coverage if you choose to do so (full refund within 30days etc)
You can compare pricing per year/miles/deductible as well (first party MOPAR): Save $$ on Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty Plan! (coupon code DPACIFICA reduces the pricing further )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked...all my local CDJR dealerships have from 2 star to 3.5 stars, the only 4 star rating is J Star in Anaheim - even the first page of their reviews are mediocre, though.

I think this is just the nature of traditional model car buying...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone else received this? I saved a build last month, but I never got a quote. Wonder how long it takes to get this after requesting the quote, just requested one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone else received this? I saved a build last month, but I never got a quote. Wonder how long it takes to get this after requesting the quote, just requested one.
When I use the quote function on the Chrysler website, it generated a lead to a local dealer who then gave me a phone call. They didn’t have any in stock at the time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dealer really seemed to be playing smoke and mirrors with pricing/options/warranty (typical sales tricks).
Did they at least tell you the name (third party?) or offer documentation of the warranty plan, how many miles it was good for, and/or what dealers service centers it covers?
I don't believe any first party MOPAR/Chrysler certified warranty plans (as good as factory warranty since it must be accepted at any Chrysler dealership) that are offered for longer than 8 years.
Luckily most warranty plans offer a full refund of unused coverage if you choose to do so (full refund within 30days etc)
You can compare pricing per year/miles/deductible as well (first party MOPAR): Save $$ on Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty Plan! (coupon code DPACIFICA reduces the pricing further )
The extended warranty is through Ally Premier Protection. I took a picture of the four different plans offered. They’re all for 10 years (120 months) and 100k miles. The only difference is the deductible.

It covers all mechanical and all electrical issues. Doesn’t cover tires or body or glass or plastic lenses or routine maintenance or the hybrid plug in charging cable. We can use this at any Dodge Chrysler dealership or any ASE certified mechanic.

Sorry for the horrible angle of the picture. I snapped it really quick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on your new car and thanks for the info! Did you use Chrysler financing to use both the 3k and the 2k cash incentives? If so, what was your interest rate? One GSM said it would be 2.5-2.99, but I couldn't connect to a finance manager to confirm.
The incentives had nothing to do with our payment method.
We paid in full. They let us pay $5000 by credit card, and the rest by check. They still did a background and credit check on us (done through Experian I believe) to confirm that they can accept a large check.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The incentives had nothing to do with our payment method.
We paid in full. They let us pay $5000 by credit card, and the rest by check. They still did a background and credit check on us (done through Experian I believe) to confirm that they can accept a large check.
More power to you!👊 Was asking because sometimes those manufacturer cash terms require Chrysler financing. Like the current 21CM6 $750 cash.

Did you buy your car yesterday?

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
123 Posts
The extended warranty is through Ally Premier Protection. I took a picture of the four different plans offered. They’re all for 10 years (120 months) and 100k miles. The only difference is the deductible.

It covers all mechanical and all electrical issues. Doesn’t cover tires or body or glass or plastic lenses or routine maintenance or the hybrid plug in charging cable. We can use this at any Dodge Chrysler dealership or any ASE certified mechanic.

Sorry for the horrible angle of the picture. I snapped it really quick. View attachment 45180
Ok makes sense, figured it would be third party warranty like Ally. Since you got the highest level plan they offer you should be fine as long as you're aware a pre-approval is required before they will authorize a repair. That might explain why Ally doesn't have a great reputation from a customer service angle (unexpected delays and/or not aware had to call first), but otherwise they seem to be pretty financially stable and reputable. They are a publicly traded company as Ally Financial (used to be GMAC but rebranded after paying back their federal investment loan/bailout from the 2008 financial crash).

·
Registered
25 Posts
More power to you!👊 Was asking because sometimes those manufacturer cash terms require Chrysler financing. Like the current 21CM6 $750 cash.

Did you buy your car yesterday?
Yup I bought it yesterday. I got lucky with the $1k cash allowance email coming the same day I decided to go buy. I replaced a wheezing 2009 Nissan Rogue which I’m selling to a private party. I like to drive my cars until they start dying.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup I bought it yesterday. I got lucky with the $1k cash allowance email coming the same day I decided to go buy. I replaced a wheezing 2009 Nissan Rogue which I’m selling to a private party. I like to drive my cars until they start dying.
I hear you, driving some Japanese models for 12 years is a just breaking them in 😂
Curious how long this PacHy will go before feeling tired, but I don't expect it will be as maintenance-free as a Honda or Toyota. I see why you may have wanted the warranty now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to update that I was offered $1k dealer discount today, before including any incentives or rebates. Stack that with $5,750 mfr cash allowance, $1,500 ccfr, $500 truecar, and possibly another $1k cash allowance and a deal is shaping up.

Anyone got more than $1k strictly DEALER DISCOUNT in SoCal on 2021 PacHy Limited, no aftermarkets add-ons? You can dm if needed.

I find it almost insulting how high the "sales maagers" try to start at, no targeting the customer's sales phase or knowledge at all. Met a couple decent managers too, though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts