2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, like many others I've had tons of issues with my Uconnect. After combing this and other forums I found lots of information, some helped and some didnt. I wanted to share my experience with my 2018 paci hybrid just in case it helps someone else.

1) Be mindful of restarting front vs. back. I found that a lot of my issues were not actually with the front console but with the back screens or VRM. If your front console is generally working (ie. everything except the uconnect theatre app) then likely the issue is the VRM and not the front console.

2) Restarting front console - I've found several different procedure (holding up/down, holding mute/off, holding in the upper left). None of them work. Pulling the fuse is the only sure fire way to do this. A few notes...

- On my 2018 paci hybrid and many other models, its Fuse 76
- Pull the fuse for at least a minute, and after inserting it wait at least 5 minutes before driving. I found if you dont do these things the console starts in "safe mode" and does not fully operate. You wont have SiriusXM, you wont have climate control or heated seats. Its basically a bare-bones mode that isnt very useful.
- Pulling it you lose all settings (favorite stations, bluetooth pairings, etc)

3) Restarting rear screens / VRM - I've found this to be far more useful than anything else. Its solved my issues almost every time I get black screens or unresponsive screens.

- As with the other restart procedure, I have yet to find a procedure that works consistently, the only sure fire way is to pull the fuse
- On my 2018 paci hybrid and many other models, its Fuse 55

4) Starting the car - I've found a few things while starting the vehicle that make issues less frequent.

- USB thumb drive attached during start has very poor results. Its far better to let the system start and you see the uconnect app come up on your dash before inserting the usb.
- Putting the car into drive before the uconnect app has started up almost always freezes it for the remainder of the trip. i wait about 10-20 seconds after starting the car to put it into drive.

Hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hard to believe a 40-50k car three years into production requires the owner to pull fuses to resolve a common problem

·
Registered
155 Posts
#2. I wish they made resetting the unit a simple thing to do. I have minor issues all the time, especially with android auto, but turning off the car for 5 minutes always fixes the issue.

The main issue I have is andriod auto sometimes starts registering random clicks on the screen at a rate of 10 or more per minute. Makes it unusable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hard to believe a 40-50k car three years into production requires the owner to pull fuses to resolve a common problem
I agree but I understand....both sides.

So lets talk about the Uconnect software - I have actually looked in one of the text update files - now that Uconnect is in like every FCA vehicle. Each vehicle is equipped differently, not just trims, but packages. So each car has its own configuration. Nav, RSE, heated seats, cooled seats, etc. etc.

I just got into a huge battle with FCA - I think its insane for 17 owners to have to pay for software updates out of warranty - (Thanks for being an early adopter) when other updates are OTA.....

OTA updates should be free and non-OTA updates should be free. The only major flaw is that nobody updates you when theres a software update. Its sort of like - let it go till it breaks - then do the software update. I also don't think that most dealerships have Uconnect experts on site - my most recent problem they waited till "the radio guy came in" which was some time after 11AM.....

Then the radio guy suggested replacing the whole head unit, when it seems like the issue is with the VRM (pulled use 55 and it worked). THe dealership insists I'll still need a new head unit - i say they're crazy.

So does have FCA have issues? I think so, but I think most of them are how to update and service cars. I'm not so concerned about buggy software in Uconnect knowing how vast the universe really is and how adaptable the software has to be to work in so many different cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts