2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you have the vacuum on your limited edition, you do not have a spare tire. The Pacifica does not come standard with a spare tire. Instead it comes with a tire sealant/inflator kit which is located behind a panel at the left rear of the van. If you don't have the vacuum (there is an option to delete it), the spare tire is behind a panel at the left rear of the van.

·
Registered
470 Posts
where's the spare tire in the 2018 Pacifica ?..
We have a 2017 Pacifica Limited (gas) that came with the Vacuum Cleaner and thus did not have a Spare Tire. We drive multiple times each year to our Cottage which places us on back roads quite a number of miles from the nearest small town. We didn't want to find ourselves stranded, waiting for a road service to come get us going again and consequently ordered a Spare Tire Kit on Amazon.com, which we keep in the 2nd Row Stow N Go seat-well. We have had our Pacifica for over a year now and have not even turned on the Vacuum Cleaner once to try it.

If your Pacifica has the Vacuum, and you feel uncomfortable without a Spare Tire, the Kit typically comes with all the hanging pieces, nuts and bolts which you will not need. Your inflation kit that you do have will fit right in the centerpiece of the Spare Tire Kit so you will free up the space in the rear quarter panel above the Vacuum. Do not order a Spare Tire Kit with the interior door panel as it will increase the cost of your Spare Tire Kit substantially and you will not be able to utilize that access door panel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We have a 2017 Pacifica Limited (gas) that came with the Vacuum Cleaner and thus did not have a Spare Tire. We drive multiple times each year to our Cottage which places us on back roads quite a number of miles from the nearest small town. We didn't want to find ourselves stranded, waiting for a road service to come get us going again and consequently ordered a Spare Tire Kit on Amazon.com, which we keep in the 2nd Row Stow N Go seat-well. We have had our Pacifica for over a year now and have not even turned on the Vacuum Cleaner once to try it.

If your Pacifica has the Vacuum, and you feel uncomfortable without a Spare Tire, the Kit typically comes with all the hanging pieces, nuts and bolts which you will not need. Your inflation kit that you do have will fit right in the centerpiece of the Spare Tire Kit so you will free up the space in the rear quarter panel above the Vacuum. Do not order a Spare Tire Kit with the interior door panel as it will increase the cost of your Spare Tire Kit substantially and you will not be able to utilize that access door panel.
Thanks for the info very useful indeed & thank you Shawnee as well. Long time ago an English guy told me " RTFM" since I bought a pair of Meridian digital Speakers from him & needed help .

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks for the info very useful indeed & thank you Shawnee as well. Long time ago an English guy told me " RTFM" since I bought a pair of Meridian digital Speakers from him & needed help .
Another option is to use the search feature of the forum since you may then find many posts on the topic.:smile2:

Here is a link to a photo of the spare in the stow n go well.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/481290-post3.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a spare tire kit (minus the mounting crap) on ebay for $250...

Fits perfect in the stow n go...

Now I got two air pumps, a jack, and the spare... and my wife and kids can still use the vacuum, which really sucks...lol...as it is intended. I was surprised how well it sucked...;)

I think I'll be using the spare instead of the slime to save from issues with repairs and finicky techs...

But having the pump has been awesome...for things around the house

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got a spare tire kit (minus the mounting crap) on ebay for $250...

Fits perfect in the stow n go...

Now I got two air pumps, a jack, and the spare... and my wife and kids can still use the vacuum, which really sucks...lol...as it is intended. I was surprised how well it sucked...;)

I think I'll be using the spare instead of the slime to save from issues with repairs and finicky techs...

But having the pump has been awesome...for things around the house

Do you have a link to that seller or listing, I'd be interested @ that price. :grin2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a complete spare tire kit from the dealer, it was part of the deal when I purchased the car 2018 touring L. I can’t imagine driving without a spare tire. You won’t need it often but when you need it you’ll be glad you have it. I installed it myself very good instructions with pictures. I inflated the spare just to see how long it would take to inflate, it took about 6.5 min to reach 60psi. When I let the air out it returned to the size it was before inflation. Hope I never have to use it but happy to have it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got a complete spare tire kit from the dealer, it was part of the deal when I purchased the car 2018 touring L. I can’t imagine driving without a spare tire. You won’t need it often but when you need it you’ll be glad you have it. I installed it myself very good instructions with pictures. I inflated the spare just to see how long it would take to inflate, it took about 6.5 min to reach 60psi. When I let the air out it returned to the size it was before inflation. Hope I never have to use it but happy to have it.
Yeah, same exactly what I said. Blows my mind that new vehicles are shipped out with no spare. What boggles my mind even more than that is there are people that have no idea how to change a spare. I worked DOT and came along a car on the side of the road with hazards flashing. He had a flat tire and was waiting on someone to come change it for him. He had no idea if or where his spare tire was! :eek:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, same exactly what I said. Blows my mind that new vehicles are shipped out with no spare. What boggles my mind even more than that is there are people that have no idea how to change a spare. I worked DOT and came along a car on the side of the road with hazards flashing. He had a flat tire and was waiting on someone to come change it for him. He had no idea if or where his spare tire was! :eek:
My daughter changed a flat for a guy where she works - he had no idea what to do. Both my daughters had to check the oil, coolant, and know how to change a tire before I let them drive.

·
Registered
332 Posts

I can count on less than one hand the number of times I have had to change a flat tire in 40 plus years of driving. And that is across two vehicles (wife's and mine) so 80 years worth. The last time was close to 20 years ago. Even with that I want a spare tire so I am not stranded for an extended length of time in a place I would rather not be stranded. That's why my Pacifica Limited does not have the vacuum. I likely will not use either one (spare tire or vacuum) but, in a pinch, I would rather have the spare tire.

Manufacturer's are trying to save cost, weight and space. Not including a spare tire, which the vast majority of owners will never use, seems to make sense. I bet that same vast majority will never even miss not having one.

Frankly, if I did have a flat, I would call AAA first. If there was going to be a long delay, and I was in a safe place to work, I would opt to change it my self. Otherwise I would wait. Let the tow truck guy or gal change it. The tow truck has warning lights and better tools for the job. I would have to be in a parking lot to feel safe about changing a tire. Changing a tire on the road shoulder is very dangerous with all the distracted drivers out there. Even tow trucks and police cars with their lights flashing get hit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great info and thanks. Curious about the spare kit - is the collapseable tire a one time use? Someone mentioned that they inflated just to test but didn’t use and when they deflated it returned to original shape. What about after use - any experience? Also - can just the tire be purchased or do you then have to purchase an entire kit if you use it? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Great info and thanks. Curious about the spare kit - is the collapseable tire a one time use? Someone mentioned that they inflated just to test but didn’t use and when they deflated it returned to original shape. What about after use - any experience? Also - can just the tire be purchased or do you then have to purchase an entire kit if you use it? Thanks!!
Spare tire should be reusable. The inflatable spare tire kit usually comes with a jack. The trim piece to cover the tire in the well is sometimes included in a kit, so check to see what is included compared to what you need. You don't need the trim panel piece if you are planning to put the spare in the stow n go well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts