2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found out that my limited doesn't come with a spare tire for choosing the vacuum option. Long story short...Road trip, navi took me in the middle of Virgina on a back road that looked like crumbled up oreos. Hit a pot hole, bent wheel in two spots. Get a ride to 2 different Chrysler dealership for a new wheel and tire. My question is has anyone used the tow hitch as a extra wheel mount, do they make one for a pacifica?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I found out that my limited doesn't come with a spare tire for choosing the vacuum option. Long story short...Road trip, navi took me in the middle of Virgina on a back road that looked like crumbled up oreos. Hit a pot hole, bent wheel in two spots. Get a ride to 2 different Chrysler dealership for a new wheel and tire. My question is has anyone used the tow hitch as a extra wheel mount, do they make one for a pacifica?
Bent or cracked rims are why I got a spare on mine - now I know I'll never need it...
I'm sure you could rig up a bike rack to carry a spare on a hitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bent or cracked rims are why I got a spare on mine - now I know I'll never need it...
I'm sure you could rig up a bike rack to carry a spare on a hitch.
As far as I know, It's bent in two places. Until I take it to a shop and have the tire removed and see the extent of the damage. I as long I have a full spare with me for my next road trip, I don't care what I have to use. I was thinking a tow hitch cargo carrier so I have clearance to open and close the rear door. I thought about a roof cargo thing but I'm not trying to lift and remove a bulky tire. Now I'm thinking about it, I need a place for my jack. smh

·
Registered
7 Posts
NO spare nor donut on 2017 Pacifica Limited

Ordered my 2017 Pacifica Limited from dealer in late 2016. NEVER told that if I got the "pkg" with vacuum that there would be NO tire, full size or donut, just a can of 'fix a flat'. Now I'm trying to buy a donut tire and wheel to stow in the well the 2nd row seat goes in, as they can't take the vacuum out and put the tire in. Dealer says it will cost me $600.! and they have over 10 on a back order. NTB says they don't have them and we have to use the dealer. WHO thought it was a good idea to sell a car without a spare, regular or donut?

Any ideas of a place to get a donut and wheel besides the dealer? Junkyard? We're going from TX to northern VA and then Mich so I need it soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered my 2017 Pacifica Limited from dealer in late 2016. NEVER told that if I got the "pkg" with vacuum that there would be NO tire, full size or donut, just a can of 'fix a flat'. Now I'm trying to buy a donut tire and wheel to stow in the well the 2nd row seat goes in, as they can't take the vacuum out and put the tire in. Dealer says it will cost me $600.! and they have over 10 on a back order. NTB says they don't have them and we have to use the dealer. WHO thought it was a good idea to sell a car without a spare, regular or donut?

Any ideas of a place to get a donut and wheel besides the dealer? Junkyard? We're going from TX to northern VA and then Mich so I need it soon!

The **** devil wouldn't sell a car without a spare. I was never told about losing the spare for the vacuum. You spend over 50k for a new Van and no f-ing spare? The biggest chrysler has is 17/18" donut. I purchased the 20" wheel package so I would have had to pay for a new wheel regardless. I ended up buying a new wheel and tire from 2 different dealers over an hour away from each other from where my car was stranded. I paid about $1k for that new wheel/tire. I tried to buy a used 20" rim from every tire shop in that rural area and I couldn't believe no one had any rim. Tire yes, but no rim. I'm getting that bent rim looked at to see if it's salvageable. My advice is to have a back up spare. What is in the passenger side of the fender opposite side of the spare tire space. They could have put one there. smh

I would look up steel wheels as a option for a spare.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The **** devil wouldn't sell a car without a spare. I was never told about losing the spare for the vacuum. You spend over 50k for a new Van and no f-ing spare? The biggest chrysler has is 17/18" donut. I purchased the 20" wheel package so I would have had to pay for a new wheel regardless. I ended up buying a new wheel and tire from 2 different dealers over an hour away from each other from where my car was stranded. I paid about $1k for that new wheel/tire. I tried to buy a used 20" rim from every tire shop in that rural area and I couldn't believe no one had any rim. Tire yes, but no rim. I'm getting that bent rim looked at to see if it's salvageable. My advice is to have a back up spare. What is in the passenger side of the fender opposite side of the spare tire space. They could have put one there. smh

I would look up steel wheels as a option for a spare.
Because of lower sidewall of a 20" tire, a 17 or 18 rim/tire may be the same outside diameter as a 20" rim/tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
RV owners use a hitch mount that fits into a 2 inch hitch mount on the back similar to a bike carrier. They are common on RV's to mount the spare tire on the rear hitch or the square steel rear bumper. Some models have a release to allow the tire to tip forward down to the ground. This would be ideal for a Pacifica so the rear hatch could be opened without having to dismount a spare. E-trailer or Amazon would be good sources.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts