2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, looking at purchasing a pacifica touring L plus, but man those upgraded 18's are not that cool. I was noticing its hard to find takeoff limited 20's. So I started cruising eBay. I ran across gen 2 replica srt8 grand cherokee rims in a variety of finishes and sizes, though I think I'd like the 20x9.
Question is, has anyone tried these, curious if they fit ok, and how they looked. Pics would be great
It won't let me post a link, just search eBay, srt8 pacifica, should pull it up. I kinda like the hyper black. Our van will be white

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I should note, I have had a couple sets of replicas in the past, with no issues in quality. Rims are roughly $208 each, not too shabby.
Saw there is also and 8.5 wide with a 42 offset, maybe would work better.
Sidenote, its the wifes ride, so needs to still be somewhat tame in the mod department. So don't want them sticking out too far.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’ve looked at those as well. I’ve seen them on the regular grand cherokees around me on my drive into work. The 20x9 35mm offset should be about right for the Pacifica. Ill need to replace the tires next spring on our van, so I’ll grab a set of wheels then, but it’d be nice to see some mounted prior to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a feeling they would look good, without screaming "modded van". Anyone else want to chime in on fitment recommendations, or possible tire sizing that won't rub, but hopefully cover the rim lip a touch.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tire size from factory is 245 50 20 on a 20 inch rim and its a 5x127 if I am not mistaken . Theres plenty of aftermarket rims but prob a 40mm offset is way to go . The whole ride quality is based on weight of the rim and the tire you choose. Id go with a Michelin or Pirelli summer tire only and not a all season .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, looking at purchasing a pacifica touring L plus, but man those upgraded 18's are not that cool. I was noticing its hard to find takeoff limited 20's. So I started cruising eBay. I ran across gen 2 replica srt8 grand cherokee rims in a variety of finishes and sizes, though I think I'd like the 20x9.
Question is, has anyone tried these, curious if they fit ok, and how they looked. Pics would be great
It won't let me post a link, just search eBay, srt8 pacifica, should pull it up. I kinda like the hyper black. Our van will be white
Check This:

https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201603/chrysler-pacifica-he-2_1600x0w.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ **** Cat style? Looks good!

I also saw some track hawk replicas in a 20x9 with a 50 offset. I'm guessing those would fit nicely too?

Sorta leaning towards the 20x8.5 42 offset GC SRT8 reps in machined face with silver pockets.

Unless ya'll think the 20x9 50 offset would fit better?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The 50 offset might interfere with the struts as there isn’t much clearance back there. I remember doing the math and checking the measurements on our van. It looked like the 42 offset on a 9” wide wheel would fit nicely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oops I was mistaken, the 9” wheel with a +32 offset should sit just about right.

Better than the 8.5 with 42 offset? Just making sure. Its the wife ride so she will want it to be just a touch wider than stock.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 8.5 with a 42 offset is perfect, I’m considering having forged wheels made and would probably go with those specs, I have 20x9.5 with a 35 offset and they are a bit on the aggressive side, they look great though and the ride wasn’t compromised.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Better than the 8.5 with 42 offset? Just making sure. Its the wife ride so she will want it to be just a touch wider than stock.
Thanks for the input!
Here is a great tool for figuring out what will fit and what will not, also lets you see clearances ,poke, etc compared to factory.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The person selling these on eBay said they fit the older pacificas. So I want to double confirm, that these will fit the newer ones. Heres the specs
20x8.5
offset 42
backspacing 6.4
5x127
hub bore 71.6

Seems right to me but guess I need reassurance...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm about to order them. I kept hoping to find some oem takeoffs, but I'm sure that is a rare scenario

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I ordered them, now I need to figure out what tire, sounds like the size to go with is 255/45/20. Then what style

·
Registered
227 Posts
You’ll have to let us know how they fit up and put some photos up too please. I’ll be looking for a set next spring after I take off the winter tires. Another couple months maybe for the original 18” michelins should about wear them out so they won’t be going back on next spring. Time to get some 20s.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I ordered them, now I need to figure out what tire, sounds like the size to go with is 255/45/20. Then what style
What’s the weather like where you live, I’d recommend the 255/45 and if it were me I’d get Michelin Pilot Super Sports, they are the best tires I’ve owned another option for less money is Dunlop Sport Max GT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its southern Indiana, so generally nice. The winters though you never know. One year not much snow to speak of then the next year its 3-4 good snows. So I would like an all round good tire for every season.

What’s the weather like where you live, I’d recommend the 255/45 and if it were me I’d get Michelin Pilot Super Sports, they are the best tires I’ve owned another option for less money is Dunlop Sport Max GT.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
9 Participants
Tsuter
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing