2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the ignition button located in a place where you cannot see it when the steering wheel is straight? I have to feel around or tilt my head or move the wheel to actually see the start button. Anyone else notice this.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why is the ignition button located in a place where you cannot see it when the steering wheel is straight? I have to feel around or tilt my head or move the wheel to actually see the start button. Anyone else notice this.
At first I definitely felt that is was considerably less conveniently placed than my previous T&C but I al slowly getting used to it.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
I would agree it's not an ideal location, but I'm used to it. As for why it's in that location, only the designers would be able to tell you that.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I always release the steering wheel tilt so it pops up all the way, that just makes it easier for me to get out of the seat (old folk syndrome). When I get in, the ignition switch is easy to see.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
At first but after 6 months I don't think I even look at mine anymore...my foot just automatically goes to the brake pedal while my finger autopilots precisely to the start button without even thinking about it.
I've noticed the muscle-memory dance routine between my foot and finger doesn't help if I just want to listen to the radio but not start the van. In that case if the foot isn't envolved I revert back to having to look around the steering wheel hunting for the start button.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes. When I initially got the car it was weird not being about to see it. But now I'm used to it.
In my C-Max it's farther to the right and I can see it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts