2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
But the Kalifornia Proletariat surely have friends that will forward one. :cool:

Reactions: NorthStar1

·
Registered
191 Posts
No no no, its not proletariat anymore, need to keep up with the terminology @Waldo .... now its the Oppressed... :D

Reactions: NorthStar1

·
Registered
1 Posts
So our 2017 Pacifica just had the Start/stop warning light come on and I changed both batteries out BUT still getting the warning light. Do I have to reset something or is there a different issue that I am dealing with?

·
Registered
324 Posts
So our 2017 Pacifica just had the Start/stop warning light come on and I changed both batteries out BUT still getting the warning light. Do I have to reset something or is there a different issue that I am dealing with?
When mine went in for this problem they found the IBS and both batteries bad (yup all of that ) plus the PCM was flashed to 68372861AF (was 68372861AE) referencing RRT 19-043 (an update bulletin perhaps?). To get Chrysler to pay for the battery under warranty they also had to use come special computerized battery analyzer to prove the batteries were bad. They tried to get away with fixing the AUX battery but that lasted a few days and then I was back again to get the MAIN one replaced.
From another post, the IBS (Intelligent Battery Sensor) has to go through a relearn process which I have inserted below. I think they did this to mine because they kept the van for several days. Seems dumb to have a long relearn cycle when you just change batteries, doesn't it?
All in all, this system is a pain in the axle and all this to get a fraction of a mile per gallon in city driving? To top it off, from the problems I see in the forum, FCA oought to offer a fix and make it better because it is just not well implemented,in my opinion.

When the IBS is powered up for the first time or is powered after a power disconnection, it enters a “recalibration” phase, where the IBS must recognize the type of battery and its characteristics and state. In this phase the tolerances on the state functions (SOC, SOF) are greater than in normal working condition. When IBS is disconnected from the battery, the device loses its stored memory. When power is restored, the IBS starts a relearn process. Until the relearn process is complete, accurate battery state information is unavailable to other vehicle systems. The IBS relearn process requires five normal, operator initiated starts with at least four hours normal or more during cold ambient conditions of engine off time between each start. Usually, the process takes a few days of vehicle operation to complete. Remember, the relearn process is restarted every time power is reconnected to the IBS.
If the IBS is faulty it cannot be serviced, it must be replaced.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You still have the failure warning, or is it just indicating the ESS is not available?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What worked for me was installing the new batteries, turning on the car, turning it off again, disconnecting both batteries again, leaving them disconnected for about 30 minutes, then reconnecting them. THEN I took a long road trip and did NOT disable ESS at any time, so that it could... I dunno, learn how to do its job again? That's my goofy theory anyways.

After all this the ESS light is gone. Under certain conditions it will come back on, and those conditions seem to be: hot day, with headlights on, and A/C running, and/or DVD entertainment screens on. Basically if the voltage is down slightly from too many accessories, ESS will ping that it can't possibly do its job.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts