2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With thanks to Josef15111, I bought and installed LED lights to replace the incandescent factory rear brake/turn signal bulbs. What a difference!! It just doesn't make sense to have a cool LED ribbon for the rear tail lights and still have incandescent lights for the brakes and turn signals. Even the Limited trim has incandescents. As someone else mentioned, this is 2018!!

Also, per Joe's recommendations, I've ordered the amber LED turn signal bulbs for the front. Will tackle swapping out the fogs a little later. When done, we can turn the headlight switch to the "parking lights" setting (12 o'clock on the dial) with the fog lights on and have LEDs working throughout both the front and rear.

Not sure if/when I'll do the headlights.

·
Registered
165 Posts
pics? :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, our rear brake/turn signal LEDs look like dstruktNine's video. Hopefully the fronts will look like the video of his front lights, as well. They should be arriving any day now. The ribbon LED under the headlights are brighter on his Limited than they are on other trims, including our Touring L Plus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started this as well based off of Josef15111's suggestions and guide. Got the side markers and brake lights / turn signals done last night. The backup lights and front turn signals should be coming soon. Overall I'm really happy with the results :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too have also done the conversions based on Josef15111's suggestions. =D

I just haven't done the high beams yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you guys using resistors for the rear blinker bulb AND the front blinker bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replaced incandescent backup light bulbs with LEDs (see signature). Finally got around to it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And also got around to replacing the halogen fog lights with LEDs. Thanks Stop-Eject for link to your installation instructions. I might note that I was taken for a loop when I installed the first light and tested it only to find that not only must the light switch be on (or on Automatic), but the engine needs to be running as well! Feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
PacificaMinivanFan
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing