2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the brakes still make hissing noise, and loose power suddenly.. become hard to press and van keeps moving.. the dealer already changed the booster and pump.. no luck..

I read some posts here with similar problems, but none have posted what was actually wrong or how they got fixed..

Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hi @masteron,

We're sorry to hear that you have this concern with your Pacifica. If you would like additional support while your vehicle is in service at your dealer, please let us know.

Darlene
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
27 Posts
My car had similar issues. I complaint to dealer 3-4 times no thing changed. finally my car got into accident ( minor) where breaks did not apply and my car ended up hitting other car from back ( even as very slow speed of 15-20 miles).
I will advise you to be very careful to drive on road and keep more distance. I think pacifica is not very reliable car ( definitely not like VW or honda) . this accident was so minor that there was no bumper dmamage. we only hit number plate section and it endedup breaking lot of internal parts ( radiator, etc)

This is shame. I am going to post detail about this incident and FCA investigation not giving me any details.

Drive safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed that too with my 2018 Touring L (gas). I hard stepped on the break but car still slowly moving. I had a feeling that this van will have issues in a long run and just purchased 8 yrs extended warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
again I dont know how to spread word but I wish all pacifica ( including hybrid) owners needs to be very careful while driving. I purchased car in Dec 2018 and before 1 year mark it got into accident ( this is my 6th car over many years and worst experience. I really like the car and features but I hate breaking and reliability and FCA service so far) small fender bender is costing me lot of money ( ~10k) insurance will cover it but its bad record on my insurance :(

my advise Drive Safe and keep more distance from other cars. hope FCA finds fix for this soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changed the master cylinder.. still the same stuff... hissing sound, brake kickback...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Did you contact Chrysler Cares as per the request 17 days ago? If not, do that. You need to start a case on this.

It's not a good idea to even drive the vehicle with known faulty brakes. If you get in an accident, a lawyer might have a good time with that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
investigation was done and they said breaks are fine. they are not giving me any details of investigation. not very good experience with FCA as they closed my case without giving any details.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed vacume valve, not that...Next is check abs sensors, abs system...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Changed vacume valve, not that...Next is check abs sensors, abs system...

That’s what I would’ve checked early on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At 20 k miles , it didnt seem that would be lt... dont know why this vans dont have a system similar to vagcom... anyways

Also tried to contact two similar cases posted here, but havent got a message back from ops

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hopefully this will help out a little - need anything more specific let me know and I'll look it up for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the brakes working again.. new booster, new vacuum hose, bleed the brakes twice... brakes back to normal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts