2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone link me the dimensions of the "trunk" with the 3rd row up and stow and go holes? I have a Pacifica rented for this weekend and am taking 4 adults and 2 kids plus luggage on a 12 plus trip, and if I knew if my suitcases would fit now my life would be a wee bit better.
Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
It is not a pure rectangle. Tapers to bottom a bit and width in front is narrower than at the rear.
Front-to-back is about 22 inches, width varies approx 40 to 45 inches.

·
Registered
308 Posts
3rd row folds 1/2, 2/3. I carried 5 adults plus luggage, and folded one part of 3rd row under and got more luggage space.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Can someone link me the dimensions of the "trunk" with the 3rd row up and stow and go holes? I have a Pacifica rented for this weekend and am taking 4 adults and 2 kids plus luggage on a 12 plus trip, and if I knew if my suitcases would fit now my life would be a wee bit better.
Thanks!
It depends on the ages of the kids, where you are going, and how much stuff you take along. Here are some photos from a spare tire thread (the van doesn't usually come with a spare tire, it has a goo kit and inflator). The photo of a inflatable spare in the stow n go well will give you some size perspective of the wells.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/281825-post10.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/289497-post18.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/248513-post3.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I will put a suit case between my boys 5 and 7 year old before I fold a seat down. I have a couple small suit cases that will fit in the stow and goes, or I may just take the bulky stuff like, snorkel gear and my kids life vests and put that stuff in the stow and goes for the trip and then put all that stuff in a carseat bag when we get there. Not taking alot stuff. Shorts, t shirts, swiming trunks, flip flops ect. It will be the 30s when I leave, I have already told everyone no jackets, were a long sleeve shirt it will be in the 60 before we stop.
Getting the van Friday, so I can do load out the night before we leave.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So much for the rental companies assurance that they had plenty of Pacificas. But I did get a lot of seat time in some competition.
We got stuck with a Kia Sedona on the way down and barely got our gear in. Got 20 mpg until Florida and 22.2 in Florida. Got beat to death by the rough roads in Carolinas forget taking a nap on the way down that way in a Sedona. My neck was sore the next day. The seats where comfy but hot. I felt like was next to a camp fire. Hot on one side cold on the other. Could not make people happy with he climate control.
I did like the giant rear camera.
Got a Grand Caravan on the way back. 27.5 mpg in Florida and 22.5 back in Kentucky. Came back thru Atlanta, so I really didn't get to compare the rough ride thu the Carolinas. No problems with luggage. My only 2 grips was the front passage seat could of had more leg room with a an adult behind me, and no blind spot detection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
JOSEPH
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing