2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2017 Pacifica with 34,000 miles on it is at the dealer right now. The stow-n-go pull ring broke a month ago while trying to open. I wasn't using excessive force when it broke or trying to pry on it. Why am I being charged $250.00. Is this a "wear" item? Someone help shed some light on this situation please.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I’m going to say it’s like tires, wipers, breaks, etc . A latch is a hard thing to prove , now if there were dozens of latches breaking , and especially with mileage . Probably easier if van was new and had low miles . You should post a pic of latch area that broke . I’m curious to see if it was a vendor issue (who makes the specific floor cover mechanism ) or it was just cause by wear and tear . Good luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's about what that part goes for.

No, it's not a wear item, but it's something that gets a lot of impacts. The idea of a warranty isn't that you get to break anything you want on the factory's dime, it's to guarantee their materials and workmanship.

Either:
A) They felt that it was "damaged" rather than "faulty" or:
B) They're a bunch of jerks who would rather make a few bucks more on this job by making you pay for it instead of Chrysler, even though they know they're making an enemy.

You see both kinds of dealerships. If you're lucky, you get:
C) They get to play Good Cop and take care of you while Chrysler pays for it.

Like CHG says, a pic would help the forum figure out if you got A or B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can't post a pic because its in the shop. They shattered the windshield while fixing the air conditioning smell so It will be in the shop 3 - 5 more days. Also it turns out it was an issue with the wording my wife wrote on the drop off slip. She asked for a quote on repairing the latch. She didn't know it was covered or could be covered under warranty. When I went to the dealer to speak with them my self and explained how it broke on its own under normal use. They are submitting it to Chrysler to see if they will cover it. So it was basically a miss understanding.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Miss-communications or misunderstandings can happen.

When I was younger we had an AWD Astro Van. That thing was awesome.

We came off a dirt road that was normally paved but under construction. When turning right from a stop and accelerating onto a paved road there was a bang and a massive leak when we got home.

Took it to the dealer and it needed a new transfer case or whatever part handled the AWD on those beasts. But they quoted $4k because the service advisor wrote down we were "off-road". Once my dad got over the shock a relatively quick re-explanation of the events flipped the charge to back to $0 warranty.

Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
One has to also remember that stealerships.. lol...are really on garages and will try and make a dime on anything . Any good service advisor would have seen the in service date and looked at the issue before just writing up the work order for a new latch mechanism . Dealerships make the real money on service and parts not on warranty work . Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts