2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure if this type of photo belongs here, but i snapped this on way home after dinner and thought this forum might enjoy :)
Oh my goodness that is gorgeous!!! After seeing this, I am so glad I decided to wait to find a Pac with a sunroof (they are, for some reason, very hard to find near me). Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh my goodness that is gorgeous!!! After seeing this, I am so glad I decided to wait to find a Pac with a sunroof (they are, for some reason, very hard to find near me). Thanks for sharing!
I specifically ordered one without a sunroof. Every vehicle I've owned with a sunroof have leaked. With three different sunroofs thats three times more likely to have a leak. Especially when you expect to drive for the next 15-20 years. Another reason is windows are the worst insulator for heat/cold and noise. The main reason tho is because of leaks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Great shot !!...have to admit, I rarely open my shades on mine down here during the Florida Summer.......just too hot !...was thinking of getting it ceramic filmed to help with the heat.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Nice! We didn't order the pano either, but it came with the car. My toddler loves it, especially when going through the car wash!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I specifically ordered one without a sunroof. Every vehicle I've owned with a sunroof have leaked. With three different sunroofs thats three times more likely to have a leak. Especially when you expect to drive for the next 15-20 years. Another reason is windows are the worst insulator for heat/cold and noise. The main reason tho is because of leaks

I was thinking of that very issue, but I've asked 3 different car dealers (2 of which I personally have known since we were little) and they all said that yes, it's still possible but it's much less likely to do so than they used to; you just have to check the material for cracks/defects, etc on a semi regular basis as things do age and wear out. I'm still a little leary of getting one, but I also think it would add so much enjoyment to the vehicle that it's worth it even if it did happen to need repairing.

How old were your vehicles when they started to leak, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was thinking of that very issue, but I've asked 3 different car dealers (2 of which I personally have known since we were little) and they all said that yes, it's still possible but it's much less likely to do so than they used to; you just have to check the material for cracks/defects, etc on a semi regular basis as things do age and wear out. I'm still a little leary of getting one, but I also think it would add so much enjoyment to the vehicle that it's worth it even if it did happen to need repairing.

How old were your vehicles when they started to leak, if you don't mind my asking?
The most recent is our 2013 Jeep Patriot, It started to leak about 18 months after I bought it. Prior to that I had a Dodge Srt-4 It was a 2005 and it started leaking in 2009. Through my work I get access to the chilton library and the Jeep Patriot had a service bulletin go out sometime in 2015 I think. My grandma had a saturn and her sunroof leaked. My Mom and Great Grandma had a chrysler sebring and both leaked. We hardly use our sunroof in the jeep as it is so the we just said too much risk for not so much reward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow! Perfect shot!
In general if you park your car in the garage you’ll have to worry a lot less about leaking roof than if you park it outside in the weather and sun. The elements Deteriorates the rubber and seals much Quicker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
NICE SHOT!!! Thumbs Up.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I too am loving the sunroof. After driving my 17 Pacifica without a sunroof I really wanted one in my 19 and I am so very pleased I have it!!
Now I am still missing the center console for the second row but I need to suck it up and just buy something aftermarket.
Great picture!
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
PacificaJohn
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing