2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the sunroof on a 2022 Pacifica limited is standard? Because it’s not showing on the build sheet

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. The dealer indicated no sunroof but I guess they’re not aware that it is already included even though the bill she doesn’t see it. Thank you for your help as always

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
254 Posts
I have a 2022 Limited Hybrid with no added packages and it does have the dual pane sunroof. I think some of the confusion stems from 2 changes: making the sunroof standard and removing the tri-pane sunroof (all 2022's have a dual pane sunroof with no glass over the 3rd row.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate this information good to know. The dealer check the window sticker didn’t see the sunroof and assume that it wasn’t available on the vehicle and I think I almost cancelled it but thank you very much everybody for your help good night has it

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
254 Posts
I appreciate this information good to know. The dealer check the window sticker didn’t see the sunroof and assume that it wasn’t available on the vehicle and I think I almost cancelled it but thank you very much everybody for your help good night has it
It should show up on the window sticker but you won't get a window sticker until your order is built and invoiced. On my window sticker it is listed under interior features as Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof and is the 4th from the bottom between the wifi Hotspot and Harmon Karon speakers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if you guys are aware but Stellantis has removed the panoramic sunroof option for much of the 2022 Chrysler Pacifica line-up due to the Chip-Shortage that's still plaguing the auto industry because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you don't see it on your order-sheet / window-sticker, you're likely not going to have it on the Pacifica you ordered once it reaches the dealership.

The Chrysler.com website has a pop-up window that goes into saying that they do not need to honour what features were considered standard previously on any of the trims due to the chip-shortage the industry.

Cheers,
Pedro.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Not sure if you guys are aware but Stellantis has removed the panoramic sunroof option for much of the 2022 Chrysler Pacifica line-up due to the Chip-Shortage that's still plaguing the auto industry because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If you don't see it on your order-sheet / window-sticker, you're likely not going to have it on the Pacifica you ordered once it reaches the dealership.

The Chrysler.com website has a pop-up window that goes into saying that they do not need to honour what features were considered standard previously on any of the trims due to the chip-shortage the industry.

Cheers,
Pedro.
Yes, that has been covered here extensively since last fall. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Cheers,
Pedro.
Good point. Like the power folding mirrors, the sunroof could just stop showing up. Hopefully that won't happen to the OP's van, but it sounds like it could.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Cheers,
Pedro.
To clarify are you saying they are removing the dual-pane sunroof entirely from the Limited and Pinnacle models (new deletion since 22 production started) or are you referring to the removal of the tri-pane in favor of the dual-pane (known change for 22)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So to clarify, the tri-pane sunroof is from what I understand, really hard to come by these days because of the manufacturing constrains and the chip-shortage going on.

I'm not sure of all the other Pacifica trims/drivetrains, but 2022 PacHy was ordered in 2021 and on the window sticker it says "Full sunroof with power front and fixed rear". I was thinking that was going to be the same Tri-pane sunroof as when I had my 2018 PacHy Limited, because it was a dual, with power sunroof in the front (1st & 2nd row), and a fixed sunroof glass above the 3rd row. When the 2022 PacHy arrived though, it only had the front dual/Power sunroof that spans the front seats and 2nd row seats.

Sucked to find that out at the beginning, but in the end, I'm much happier with the interior of the 2022 than the 2018 with the extra sheet of sunroof glass way at the back (plus I never sit there anyways - more of just a nice feature for passengers of course!).
So when discussing with the dealership they said "it is what it is" because of the manufacturing dilemmas going on due to the pandemic.
They also said that if they were to order a 2022 PacHy Limited now (late 2021 / early 2022 at the time) that it would likely not arrive with any sunroof at all (that being due to the chip-shortage).

Hope that clears it up.
So, if you see "Full sunroof with power front and fixed rear" on your order sheet, you'll get a more than decent power sunroof that spans the 1st and 2nd row seats, but no 3rd row sunroof.
If you don't see any sunroof at all, then be prepared to receive your new ride without any sunroof-at-all-really! (which from what I hear is quite common on recent orders for PacHy Limited's [the only trim level I can definitively speak for today]).

·
Registered
7 Posts
So to clarify, the tri-pane sunroof is from what I understand, really hard to come by these days because of the manufacturing constrains and the chip-shortage going on.

I'm not sure of all the other Pacifica trims/drivetrains, but 2022 PacHy was ordered in 2021 and on the window sticker it says "Full sunroof with power front and fixed rear". I was thinking that was going to be the same Tri-pane sunroof as when I had my 2018 PacHy Limited, because it was a dual, with power sunroof in the front (1st & 2nd row), and a fixed sunroof glass above the 3rd row. When the 2022 PacHy arrived though, it only had the front dual/Power sunroof that spans the front seats and 2nd row seats.

Sucked to find that out at the beginning, but in the end, I'm much happier with the interior of the 2022 than the 2018 with the extra sheet of sunroof glass way at the back (plus I never sit there anyways - more of just a nice feature for passengers of course!).
So when discussing with the dealership they said "it is what it is" because of the manufacturing dilemmas going on due to the pandemic.
They also said that if they were to order a 2022 PacHy Limited now (late 2021 / early 2022 at the time) that it would likely not arrive with any sunroof at all (that being due to the chip-shortage).

Hope that clears it up.
So, if you see "Full sunroof with power front and fixed rear" on your order sheet, you'll get a more than decent power sunroof that spans the 1st and 2nd row seats, but no 3rd row sunroof.
If you don't see any sunroof at all, then be prepared to receive your new ride without any sunroof-at-all-really! (which from what I hear is quite common on recent orders for PacHy Limited's [the only trim level I can definitively speak for today]).
How about Pinnacle? My order just placed, so I don’t have built sheet yet, but I don’t think that they’ll delete sunroof on Pinnacle, the only solution is keep customer waiting until parts available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about Pinnacle? My order just placed, so I don’t have built sheet yet, but I don’t think that they’ll delete sunroof on Pinnacle, the only solution is keep customer waiting until parts available.
Not sure about the Pinnacle trim level Tan, but as soon as you get your order sheet (which you should ask for ASAP) you should double check what it says for the sunroof option, or doesn’t say!
So, if your order/build sheet says:

Tri-pane panoramic sunroof - You should be good to go (and hopefully they don’t make any tough decisions regarding it on the assembly floor. By that I mean making the call to not install it due to manufacturing constrains or because of the chip shortage).

Full sunroof with power front and fixed rear - Means you should get a more than decent dual-pane panoramic sunroof (but the same call can be made on the assembly floor as the tri-pane above)

No sunroof line item on build/order sheet - Than this would obviously be the worst case where it wasn’t logged at all - even though it’s a standard feature (I think) on that trim level. And if this is the case than I’m pretty sure that you could expect to receive it without it.

But for any of these options, I’d just really suggest to keep close contact with your sales rep. to get as much info as possible into the production of your Pinnacle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure about the Pinnacle trim level Tan, but as soon as you get your order sheet (which you should ask for ASAP) you should double check what it says for the sunroof option, or doesn’t say!
So, if your order/build sheet says:

Tri-pane panoramic sunroof - You should be good to go (and hopefully they don’t make any tough decisions regarding it on the assembly floor. By that I mean making the call to not install it due to manufacturing constrains or because of the chip shortage).

Full sunroof with power front and fixed rear - Means you should get a more than decent dual-pane panoramic sunroof (but the same call can be made on the assembly floor as the tri-pane above)

No sunroof line item on build/order sheet - Than this would obviously be the worst case where it wasn’t logged at all - even though it’s a standard feature (I think) on that trim level. And if this is the case than I’m pretty sure that you could expect to receive it without it.

But for any of these options, I’d just really suggest to keep close contact with your sales rep. to get as much info as possible into the production of your Pinnacle.
I've asked my salesperson 2 questions, and got 1 confirm respond which is power mirrors are manual folding on the Hybrid, but no answer about sunroofs, i think that he desen't want give unsure feedback. Everything could be happened, all uncertainty comes from WAP, they changes all the time, and might create a miracles and give us "surprise". We can imagine a Pinnacle trim without sunroof, "LUXURY" Touring.:LOL::LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
No more tripane roof , I guess they are using all for the grand Wagoneers now .
It's funny, inside the back of the Grand Wagoneer it looks just like the Pacifica Pinnacle but in murdered out black and bit smaller inside.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
I have been in one. The tri-pane roof glass looked like the same parts in my Pinnacle that is what I used to compare space because all black seats and interior make things hard to compare. The 90G price tag sucked like the fuel milage.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
They use the dual pane and tri pane as a standard parts bin on all vehicles . The price tag isn’t a issue as cost of a pick up that’s got a box is knocking on the door . The customer demographic doesn’t care about gas , kinda like guy who buys a hellcat,
High output hellcat . The 6.4 is a more robust motor then the 5.7 in many ways . When the new people lover goes full on bev , Pacifica size, it’s going to be knocking at the 70 grand door and the Wagoneer is body on frame .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts