2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using BitDefender and noticed when I visit this great forum - BitDefender generates this notice:

Suspicious connection blocked now

Feature: Online Threat Prevention

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to vBToucan.com Development Portal. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one

FWIW - I notice a few other forums I belong to also generate the unmatched certificate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
FWIW - I just noticed that selecting NEW POSTS generates two alerts. Not all the pages cause alerts. Maybe I can figure out which pages cause the alerts - maybe it has to do with particular advertisements?

UPDATE: Notice whenever I go to a sub-forum (via the main Forum selection page) - I get two messages. Once inside a forum - no messages.

Will keep testing...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, it won't let me post: To be able to post links or images your post count must be greater. You currently have 4 posts.

So - I will enter exactly what it says...

Suspicious connection blocked 5 minutes ago

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to vBToucan.com Development Portal. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one

·
Administrator
305 Posts
This is a script conflict we are working on currently with a number of our vb3.8 sites conflicting with their respective ssl certs. There is nothing at risk on the site but this issue is still an inconvenience to anyone using a specific version of Chrome and IE, evidentally it is also impacting bitdefender as well.

Kyle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
860 Posts
There's a lot of redirect spam here. Makes using the forum on a computer very frustrating. It's fine on a tablet.
Are you logged in with your profile when that happens? If I remember correctly (and the forum), a while back that was a problem -- "guests" saw a lot of ads that logged in users did not. Although I think that seemed to be more of mobile issue than desktop.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am using BitDefender and noticed when I visit this great forum - BitDefender generates this notice:

Suspicious connection blocked now

FWIW - I notice a few other forums I belong to also generate the unmatched certificate.
disable Bit Defender or white list this site on Bit Defender.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rogue popups usually show up around the holidays. If you see one, we need the URL and a screenshot so we can get it blocked.

- JB
Bit Defender is NOT rogue.. its a legitimate app and a very good one at that..

He even showed the certificate from a different name that what is resolve as in DNS.. this is normal its to protect users....

Doesn't mean he has a adware program.. on the contrary Bit Defender is probably the best adware programs available.. you really should refrain from giving advice until you have ALL the details.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just had another page hijack.

I believe I was on
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/209-dealers-purchasing-ordering/41123-can-anyone-tell-me-if-seems-like-good-otd-price-canada.html
(Chrome, Windows 10)

When McAfee popped up the "unsafe site" warning.

Not sure if I had just tried to go to another thread from the "Recent Discussion" list on the right.

I got a McAfee intercept (image attached.) It happened at least one other time in the last couple of days, but I thought it was a careless click.
Unfortunately, the full URL is not visible

I am logged into the site.

Attachments

·
Administrator
305 Posts
If you right click that red link and "copy link address", you should be able to get the full version. If not... maybe McAfee has a record of the block? Not personally familiar with the software

Kevin

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you right click that red link and "copy link address", you should be able to get the full version. If not... maybe McAfee has a record of the block? Not personally familiar with the software

Kevin
Just got it again on the "preview post" in the new parking brake thread. Look after domain=
But that is just where it being hijacked to. Not yet getting it on any other tabs (hope that comment doesn't jinx that.)

I copied the URL from the address bar -- didn't see you comment until I came here. Have to run a full scan tonight.

McAfee SiteAdvisor Software ? Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search

·
Registered
860 Posts
I thought I sent a link yesterday when I Got Hijacked on a Windows 7 PC (not at home.) That was to a different URL. Maybe I posted to the wrong thread. I'll check when I get home to PC. Haven't figured out how to manipulate this mobile version properly to find it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts