2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was an article in my local newspaper about a Pacifica that had been in a single car accident. Several times they referred to it as an SUV.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Newspapers are often wrong on the details. Reporters don’t seem to be experts on much. When I read articles about subjects I have some knowledge on, I’m frequently disappointed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What year was the Pacifica involved in the accident? The previous model that used the Pacifica name can be considered an SUV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year was the Pacifica involved in the accident? The previous model that used the Pacifica name can be considered an SUV.
It doesn't give the year but there's a photo. It's a 2017 or newer.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i've got a subie outback (and a honda odyssey) and my Pac with 20" wheels rides and handles so much better than both. i consider it an insult to call it an SUV. those handle terrible.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i've got a subie outback (and a honda odyssey) and my Pac with 20" wheels rides and handles so much better than both. i consider it an insult to call it an SUV. those handle terrible.
To clarify, by "Pac" you mean a 2017-2019 Pacifica minivan, yes? Above they're taking about the unrelated 2004-2008 Pacifica crossover SUV. Maybe the news reporter looked up "Chrysler Pacifica" and that's what they found first.

·
Registered
356 Posts
To all too many, if it it isn't a sedan, or a pickup truck, it's an Ass-u-Vee.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many reporters get many facts wrong if you are knowledgable on a subject that is related to the article.

I call my 2017 pacifica a car cause I basically treat it like a 1976 pontiac catalina I swapped a 455 pontiac engine into. Car was 4 door landyacht with a trunk big enough for 5 bodies maybe, never really tested that concept but big trunk. 2 bench seats could haul 6 without trying and if you were motivated many more could fit.

Cool as the 455 pontiac was, awesome engine and torque and blah blah blah, I can't really fault my minivan v6 with 280 some horsepower. Especially when it knocks down 28mpg for a trip.

I bought the pacifica partly cause it looking unlike the generic minivan I picture in my head when someone says minivan. The dodge grand caravan or the nissan whatever and some of the others just really scream minivan.

Pacifica is more a blob.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Its a minivan lol

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Its a minivan lol

The current one is. The issue is they used the Pacifica name from an SUV they used to make and that caused this poor journalist to be confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
Correct, but I think the journalist was just a moron

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
What I might instead question is whether the Pacifica is a 'minivan' or 'van'?
Its a minivan.

A "van" denotes a fullsized van or a commercial type van.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts