2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I very much doubt if the hybrid limited has halogen reflectors. As far as I know only the base L /LX models had reflectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yours came with projector lenses. his didnt hence the $1000.00 price. he would need projector housings PLUS bulbs and ballasts.... yours just needed bulbs and ballasts.
I very much doubt if the hybrid limited has halogen reflectors. As far as I know only the base L /LX models had reflectors
I'm officially confused. [Not surprising to my wife!]

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The hybrid limited comes with reflector housings? Yeah, I know very little about the PacHy :laugh:

My PacHy Limited has projector lows and reflector highs - all halogen.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You are absolutely correct when talking about halogen reflector headlights. Doing it on halogen projectors gives a lot better result even though not ideal. So unless you have the base Pacifica with halogen reflectors it should work reasonably well.

And therein lies the problem... “reasonably well”. Yes, way better than non projectors halogens, but still not correct! There are all sorts of halogen projector equipped Ram trucks near me that have converted to HID. They all put out glare. Most of these stupid aftermarket bulbs put out a colour temperature that is not beneficial for the human eye to see at night, and they are always failing... lots of one light out trucks!

Sorry if you don’t like my opinion but it’s based upon reality and experience. I converted my motorcycle to HID but put a proper HID projector inside the halogen assembly (exact cut off with no glare). Yes it can be done right when you use the correct product/parts for the job. It ain’t cheap.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I thought projector lens for halogen and HID are the same. Just everything from the bulb, back is different? The reason why swapping halogen with HIB/LED bulbs is how it's fitted in the projector housing. Too far forward/back than stock bulb will cause the glare.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought projector lens for halogen and HID are the same. Just everything from the bulb, back is different? The reason why swapping halogen with HIB/LED bulbs is how it's fitted in the projector housing. Too far forward/back than stock bulb will cause the glare.
The HID version have a sharp cut off, the halogen version does not. This tells me the optics/guts are different.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well that can still be bulb placement. What makes the cut line is a metal plate and it’ll bleed light if the bulb (where the light is coming from on the filament) isn’t centered in the same spot as the old halogen.

All I meant is a projector lens should be no different on the two types. Just how they did the wiring for the xenon and what not and bulb placement, which is why the factory one looks better.

The HID version have a sharp cut off, the halogen version does not. This tells me the optics/guts are different.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
And therein lies the problem... “reasonably well”. Yes, way better than non projectors halogens, but still not correct! There are all sorts of halogen projector equipped Ram trucks near me that have converted to HID. They all put out glare. Most of these stupid aftermarket bulbs put out a colour temperature that is not beneficial for the human eye to see at night, and they are always failing... lots of one light out trucks!

Sorry if you don’t like my opinion but it’s based upon reality and experience. I converted my motorcycle to HID but put a proper HID projector inside the halogen assembly (exact cut off with no glare). Yes it can be done right when you use the correct product/parts for the job. It ain’t cheap.

Did I sound like I didn’t like your opinion? All I said is that HID in halogen reflectors are much worse than putting in halogen projectors.
In fact I agree with you. “Reasonably well” functioning headlights was not good enough for me either and that was one of the reasons I opted for limited trim. I didn’t want to bake open my brand new car’s headlights. .
The projector parts for halogens and HID are different in general. May be someone who has access to the parts information about Pacifica headlights can chime in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did I sound like I didn’t like your opinion? All I said is that HID in halogen reflectors are much worse than putting in halogen projectors.
In fact I agree with you. “Reasonably well” functioning headlights was not good enough for me either and that was one of the reasons I opted for limited trim. I didn’t want to bake open my brand new car’s headlights. .
The projector parts for halogens and HID are different in general. May be someone who has access to the parts information about Pacifica headlights can chime in.

That's correct and not just for Pacficas. You can't just put in HIDs in a halogen projector. It wasn't designed for the beam pattern of HIDs. Here's an example:

Bad

Good

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd like to revive this thread. I just purchased a pair of OEM HID housings for my 2018 PacHy. It currently has the halogen projectors(yuk). I am going to purchase this software:

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/supported-vehicles/chrysler/chrysler-pacifica/

Is everything plug and play then change the settings to HID using the software? Any extra relays? They make the statement:

Halogen lamps to Bixenon/HID+LED conversion Allows you to activate or deactivate the HID/Xenon and Bi-Xenon Headlamps mode, activate a LED DRLs and more.. everything you need if you have changed the halogen lamps for BiXenon + LED

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I'd like to revive this thread. I just purchased a pair of OEM HID housings for my 2018 PacHy. It currently has the halogen projectors(yuk). I am going to purchase this software:

https://appcar-diagfca.com/en/supported-vehicles/chrysler/chrysler-pacifica/

Is everything plug and play then change the settings to HID using the software? Any extra relays? They make the statement:

Halogen lamps to Bixenon/HID+LED conversion Allows you to activate or deactivate the HID/Xenon and Bi-Xenon Headlamps mode, activate a LED DRLs and more.. everything you need if you have changed the halogen lamps for BiXenon + LED

Thanks for the help in advance.
The factory HIDs are connected with relays.
Please keep us posted on your experience with diagfca.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t2p7j1kadzxqwf/EXTERIOR LIGHTING SYSTEM - PREMIUM - HALOGEN.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tufjs77a92b7vpa/EXTERIOR LIGHTING SYSTEM - PREMIUM - HID.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update: I was actually helping a friend to do this on his PacHy however he didn't want to go through with it. Super frustrating but I really do believe this will work. Please let me know if anyone tries it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting. It sounds like that software might also be able to enable some other potentially retrofittable features that people have been interested on getting on a 2018 (folding/ec mirrors, memory seats.) Apparently needs a secure gateway bypass on 2018+ though, so not as simple as just firing up an EM327.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
25 Participants
rangsudh
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing