2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 Pacifica Hybrid with U-Connect Theater;

I listen to books on CD when driving long distances (get them at the library!), but if I'm using the U-Connect Nav System and I want to back the CD up to re-listen to something, it takes me about four steps to go back, and two or three to get back to the Nav screen afterwards.

First, I have to go to "Media-UConnect Theater- Input for Screen One-Listen In" and play with the Fast-Forward/Rewind controls. Then I have to go back to "Menu -Nav" to get back to the GPS display. (if my memory serves me well, which is a rare occasion.)

I think I may have eliminated one step by cycling through input modes with the right-side steering-wheel-rear middle button, but it's still pretty awkward, distracting, and aggravating.
At this point, I'm thinking about taking a CD Walkman with me and plugging it into the AUX jack. That way, I only need to push a few hard-buttons to rewind, and never leave the Nav screen.

Does any of you have a better way to do this?

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,159 Posts
And what the **** is this "Uconnect Owner's Manual Supplement" they keep mentioning in the Pacifica owner's manual? I looked on the Chrysler website and just got routed back to the full car Owner's manual.
Welcome to the forum. If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of each post.

See if this is the manual you need.
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.../en-us/Chrysler/2019/Pacifica_Hybrid/9924.pdf

Sometimes the link below went to a main owner's manual page and sometimes it went to a 2019 Hybrid page. If on the Hybrid page, scroll to Additional Resources if you need more manuals, etc. If it goes to a main owner's manual page, put your van info in and you should get to the link I intended.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/owners-manual.html

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,159 Posts

I listen to books on CD when driving long distances (get them at the library!), but if I'm using the U-Connect Nav System and I want to back the CD up to re-listen to something, it takes me about four steps to go back, and two or three to get back to the Nav screen afterwards.

First, I have to go to "Media-UConnect Theater- Input for Screen One-Listen In" and play with the Fast-Forward/Rewind controls. Then I have to go back to "Menu -Nav" to get back to the GPS display. (if my memory serves me well, which is a rare occasion.)

I think I may have eliminated one step by cycling through input modes with the right-side steering-wheel-rear middle button, but it's still pretty awkward, distracting, and aggravating.
At this point, I'm thinking about taking a CD Walkman with me and plugging it into the AUX jack. That way, I only need to push a few hard-buttons to rewind, and never leave the Nav screen.

Do any of you have a better way to do this?
Have you already dragged and dropped the icons you mention (theater, nav.) to the front menu bar screen? About page 515 in main owner's manual under the multimedia section explains how to do this.

I don't have the theater package, but I do have navigation. Normally when I press the Nav. icon on the lower menu bar, it goes back to where it was if I left it to check media (music on USB stick). A portable CD player will work in the AUX jack, but it might be a little distracting.

Maybe others with the theater package can offer more assistance.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Do you have a smartphone? If so you can download audiobooks from your library for free using the OverDrive or Libby apps. No need to carry around the physical CDs. Then you can play them using Bluetooth and use the steering wheel controls to back up or fast forward and the Mute button below the screen to pause. Or you can connect your phone to the USB port below the screen and use Android Auto or Apply CarPlay, using their on-screen controls or the steering wheel controls to control the playback. And, of course, you can use Google or Apple Maps to navigate, which is generally a better experience than the built-in navigation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello SciTchr, thanks for the uber-fast response.
I have tried dragging some of the controls to the menu bar, but I'm not sure I did as you describe; I'll look at that this afternoon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...and thanks to AZBean as well, for the smartphone/download/USB suggestion. I've not yet tried downloading the recorded books from my library to my phone; I will definitely look into that. It sounds very practical once I figure it out. Especially if I can get my dog to quit chewing through my phone charger cord...
It would also free me from having to get the discs back to the library, which IS a problem if I'm away for a few months.

I also sometimes buy recorded books on ebay for cheap and listen to those while driving. I thought about dong the same kind of thing with them, but don't have the patience to record them onto my phone. (I assume they are copy-protected and I would not be able to simply copy the files using my computer.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts