2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see I have several posts in this forum. I just bought a popup camper with brakes and need to install a brake controller. The Tekonsha wireless one seems vastly eaiser then driling holes in the car.

Who has used one of these with the Pacifica and how easy was it to pair?

I do not have the factory tow package, I installed a universal 7 pin kit from e-trailer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you can wait until the weekend I'll let you know...I'm just waiting to get my Pacifica back from the shop so I can install the trailer wiring. I use a Prodigy RF, and as we discussed on the other thread it's been really good. Pairing has nothing to with the specific vehicle though...as long as both the controller and handheld have power and are within range they will pair.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can wait until the weekend I'll let you know...I'm just waiting to get my Pacifica back from the shop so I can install the trailer wiring. I use a Prodigy RF, and as we discussed on the other thread it's been really good. Pairing has nothing to with the specific vehicle though...as long as both the controller and handheld have power and are within range they will pair.
I am not in any hurry, I just bought one on Amazon and it will not be here until next week anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you consider a wired controller, there is a rubber grommet in the front firewall on the driver’s side. It has a nipple molded in it that you cut off, run wiring into driver side footwell, then seal with silicon. The instructions for the Mopar trailer wiring harness have diagrams & instructions. Also shows the factory preferred route to run wiring from back to front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the prodigy and it works great. ....installation is as simple as it could be. I can pull my trailer with any vehicle. If my neighbor wants to borrow my trailer, I just hand him the controller, and away he goes. I have had many different controllers hard wired and installed in the vehicle. Never again. This controller is basically portable. Best regards. G

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the prodigy and it works great. ....installation is as simple as it could be. I can pull my trailer with any vehicle. If my neighbor wants to borrow my trailer, I just hand him the controller, and away he goes. I have had many different controllers hard wired and installed in the vehicle. Never again. This controller is basically portable. Best regards. G
Yep, this exactly.

I've towed my open trailer with an Odyssey, Town Car, Escape, and now my new Pacifica without any kind of permanent controller installation. Just wire up a 7-pin adapter with 12v power and away you go. I really like the setup.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you consider a wired controller, there is a rubber grommet in the front firewall on the driver’s side. It has a nipple molded in it that you cut off, run wiring into driver side footwell, then seal with silicon. The instructions for the Mopar trailer wiring harness have diagrams & instructions. Also shows the factory preferred route to run wiring from back to front.
Hi @Nails1 do you have a link to the mopar instructions or could you attach them here? I'm doing some other wiring, and would like to see the factory prefered wiring route. Thanks for your help :wink2:

Nevermind I found them on a mopar web page

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi @Nails1 do you have a link to the mopar instructions or could you attach them here? I'm doing some other wiring, and would like to see the factory prefered wiring route. Thanks for your help :wink2:

Nevermind I found them on a mopar web page

THANKS for the link! Very useful for when I run my wiring this weekend. I was very disappointed initially when I found out the factory wiring kit can't be used on my ESS-equipped van...now not so much. Mine is going to be SO much simpler to install.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, this exactly.

I've towed my open trailer with an Odyssey, Town Car, Escape, and now my new Pacifica without any kind of permanent controller installation. Just wire up a 7-pin adapter with 12v power and away you go. I really like the setup.
How did you wire up the reverse light to you 7 pin adapter? Since its in the hatch I am considering removing panels and fishing wire to the reverse light, but perhaps there is a better way.

·
Registered
333 Posts
@;
How did you wire up the reverse light to you 7 pin adapter? Since its in the hatch I am considering removing panels and fishing wire to the reverse light, but perhaps there is a better way.
I haven't gotten that far, I just purchased my Pacifica last Tuesday, and it's been in the shop with a coolant leak since Saturday. My dealer's service department has had it longer than I have.

I hope to get things wired in this weekend if parts arrive in time, otherwise it won't be until next week sometime.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another question since I will be pairing at the dealer and want to get it right. Was the car on before you paired?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you wire a 7 pin yourself? If so how did you wire the reverse light to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts