2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you might have known Tesla’s unveiling of the Cybertruck was a disappointment. Detroit can breath easy now. I think Elon smoked too much pot.
Who wants bulletproof truck anyway? Talking about windows being sledgehammered, what are the odds of a truck driver suffering from it? It did break the glass though - bad omen...???
The only redeeming features are the actual specs of the truck, performance, etc.
who will want to plonk 50-70K on an atrocious looking futuristic contraption? After the cool looking cars from Tesla, I guess I was expecting too much. I
51442F5A-F483-4F7B-B94C-5F0296059FF2.jpeg
2073656A-6BAB-456A-8D5E-2584A8AF5203.jpeg
24FE481A-C051-4FB9-A237-750410684AAC.jpeg
D6746072-E112-4EA3-A486-DB83243A394B.jpeg
B77452B9-B02D-4908-97A4-3EB2A52CB1F1.jpeg
312ABE40-2B70-44E4-A5B1-3C41ADD78911.jpeg

·
Registered
400 Posts
Great Scott! The only things missing are Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion, and a wormhole emitter.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I believe Tesla inadvertently created a winner which might be Rivian or the Ford ones (if at all they come to fruition), as they seem to know a thing or two about styling.
Fully straight lines in a 2020s car ... unbelievable. At least should have given some flowing curves in the corners. It looks like it was designed more than a quarter century ago. Remember Ford had a car shaped like a fighter jet in a show.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m warming up to it gradually. The problem they have with so much straight lines is that the exterior metal they used is so tough that it’s hard / uneconomical to mold it into round shapes. I’m guessing this car should last a century without corroding by the looks of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My hubby wants one. We do a lot of gardening/landscaping, and he's wanted a truck but loves his current Tesla... so this is the best of both worlds. (And he likes to stand out, hence being an early Model S owner, so he doesn't care that it doesn't look like a traditional truck.)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah, but it's trash, total garbage, the windows dent when you throw giant ball bearings at it! :geek:

·
Banned
345 Posts
Yeah, but it's trash, total garbage, the windows dent when you throw giant ball bearings at it! :geek:
I saw that!!! Musk was bragging about unbreakable windows, guy throws ball bearing and window shatters. Then they try another window and it shatters, too!!! Talk about embarrassing.....😄

·
Banned
345 Posts
I think they need to take the designer's ruler away, and give them a French Curve instead....
Wonder if it'd pass pedestrian impact requirements.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think they need to take the designer's ruler away, and give them a French Curve instead....
Wonder if it'd pass pedestrian impact requirements.
In Europe I believe it will not pass because their pedestrian impact requirements are much stricter than in USA.
I’m thinking this one will be more or less comparable to the model Y which may be more oriented for traditional customers. Both have nearly the same price but the capabilities of Cybertruck far exceed that of model Y. In its highest trims the Cybertruck nearly doubles the capabilities of model X at half the price. Will
We see how it shapes up.
Hopefully it doesn’t end up like Delorean.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oldest son was at the unveil. Pretty funny about the windows. He plunked down $1,000 on one yesterday (fully refundable), but then he already owns a Tesla S and a Tesla Model 3. His 3 has the performance pack. He begged me to drive it when visiting last month, then talked me into throwing the hammer down. The acceleration was amazing.

And then I got back behind the wheel of the Pacifica...

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,901 Posts
A 6% TSLA stock price drop on Friday tells you everything you need to know about the overall opinion on that thing. I like distinctive looking EVs and own a BMW i3, but that truck is too much even for me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oldest son was at the unveil. Pretty funny about the windows. He plunked down $1,000 on one yesterday (fully refundable), but then he already owns a Tesla S and a Tesla Model 3. His 3 has the performance pack. He begged me to drive it when visiting last month, then talked me into throwing the hammer down. The acceleration was amazing.

And then I got back behind the wheel of the Pacifica...
I thought the deposit was $100, what did he get for $1000?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Maybe the truck is wearing generic styling and the final styling is being worked out. They did not want to tip their hand as to the final look perhaps? ?Maybe the windows were designed to break really to distract from the garrish look. Who knows with Musk.

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay guys , I’ve warmed up sufficiently to the Cybertruck. Even though I started this thread to bash on the truck, now I think it’s super cool and therefore I booked one. It will only replace my daily drive sedan anyway and not the Pacifica. Sorry guys if I disappointed you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I see Back To The Future IV coming soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts