2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Texas Ledge reinstated the TCEQ rebate program ($2500 for new vehicles sold in Texas). But I don't know any of the details. When does the program start? How do I apply? What vehicles are included? etc.

Anybody know?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I been trying to figure this out too. It looks like the law has been passed, but the program has not been funded. I found one government web site that said it is hoped that it would be funded in Spring 2018. When they had this program before, purchases made before the program was funded are not eligible. This makes it really had to plan ahead, as the program may start in March, April, or May 2018, or some other month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Their site says they anticipate it to open around spring....not sure if there is a time period within which the application has to be made after the purchase of the vehicle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Summer or later

The TCEQ board that manages this program met on April 4th. It seems that most of the first quarter was spent reviewing feedback to the law, which predominately was about Tesla vehicles being excluded, since Tesla doesn't have dealerships in Texas. Having resolved that, they have now looked to designate which cars will qualify with the aim of starting the program in the summer. I get the impression that this group only meets once a quarter, so the next meeting would be in July at the earliest, and the program would start sometime after that.

Rebates are only going to be offered to vehicles on the approved list, so someone from Chrysler must fill out the Manufacturer Information Request Forms before July. They need to state how it meets the eligibility requirements under the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program (LDPLIP). We will only find out in July whether Chrysler bothered to do this to know whether a Pachy purchase is eligible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The TCEQ board that manages this program met on April 4th. It seems that most of the first quarter was spent reviewing feedback to the law, which predominately was about Tesla vehicles being excluded, since Tesla doesn't have dealerships in Texas. Having resolved that, they have now looked to designate which cars will qualify with the aim of starting the program in the summer. I get the impression that this group only meets once a quarter, so the next meeting would be in July at the earliest, and the program would start sometime after that.

Rebates are only going to be offered to vehicles on the approved list, so someone from Chrysler must fill out the Manufacturer Information Request Forms before July. They need to state how it meets the eligibility requirements under the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program (LDPLIP). We will only find out in July whether Chrysler bothered to do this to know whether a Pachy purchase is eligible.
Any idea if this will be retroactive for any 2018 purchases? Not sure how the previous rebates worked.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Any idea if this will be retroactive for any 2018 purchases? Not sure how the previous rebates worked.
It likely will not be retroactive. When the prior program started several years ago, only purchases made after the rebate application was made available were eligible. So, if you want a chance at this tax rebate, do not take delivery until at least July.

·
Registered
105 Posts
@ChryslerCares

Has someone from FCA filled out the LDPLIP Manufacturer Information Request Form?
www . tceq . texas . gov/airquality/terp/ld.html

Is there some reason to believe that the Pacifica Hybrid would not be eligible? The dealer I spoke to seemed to indicate that FCA was not attempting to get on the eligibility list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The TERP website has been updated and more information about the purchase/lease rebate is now available. The 2018 and 2019 Pac Hybrid are listed as eligible vehicles but must be purchased and registered in TX. Way to go TX for incentivizing energy efficient cars!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Does this purchase has to be this year or as long it is 2018 or 2019, it is fine? can it be last year December purchase?

CM

I believe I read that it has to be purchased after 30 September 2017

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I believe I read that it has to be purchased after 30 September 2017

Correction:

Persons who purchase or lease an eligible new light-duty motor vehicle in Texas on or after September 1, 2017 are eligible to apply for a rebate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to get this rebate before? I am curious how the rebate will be sent. Check?

I seem to be eligible since I purchased in January 2018.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to get this rebate before? I am curious how the rebate will be sent. Check?

I seem to be eligible since I purchased in January 2018.
Yes, I got it in 2015 for a Focus EV. They mailed a check. You do have to pay taxes on it, so it's not really $2,500.

·
Registered
81 Posts
will this work if you move to TX with the car? say within the year?

Looking of requirements. I see on for sale close to my sisters house that meets my requirements.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The car has to be bought from a Texas dealership, and I think it also has to be first registered in Texas too. Assuming your sister lives in Texas and you buy it near her and register using her address, it may work.
Yes. She lives in Katy. Thx

Anyone have a link to rebate for exact terms. How soon can I transfer reg/ ownership?

Might even save some VLT in AZ ( we charge tax in AZ based on value of car :( ) till I register it here...

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Texas LDPLIP

Anyone get their $2500 rebate check yet for a Pacifica PHEV? I was curious about how long it takes to receive the rebate?

Also, did you have to get the dealership owner to sign the form or just a sales manager?

·
Registered
81 Posts
From that link:

The purchaser or lessee agrees to operate and register the eligible vehicle
purchased or leased under the LDPLIP in Texas for a minimum of one calendar year (12
months) from the date of purchase or lease.

how do they enforce past the purchase and reg. point re: "agrees to operate" in TX ?

77% funds remain. B/c a lot of the cars on the list aren't even sold in TX but Tesla would use it up in weeks :) https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/implementation/air/terp/LDPLIP/LDPLIP_Vehicle_List_Final_10_05_18.pdf

1 - 20 of 31 Posts