2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a thak ...thak ... thank sound coming right after you turn off the ignition for a few minutes then go quiet. Or after you open the door in the garage while parked to pick something out of the car. it will start thak ...thank again exactly for the same amount of time

Anyone else noticed this. I think this just started in the last couple of months. I have a 2018 PACHY and I think they have installed all the updates and recalls

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks a new one , never heard of this . People do realize that due to the complexity of ehybrid it switches from full on electric to gas and back and forth. Things have to engage and disengage , I’ve had mine for over a year now and haven’t heard anything like this .

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Sounds like contactors - the noise is outlined in the owners manual and is normal as the High voltage is engaged/dis-engaged.

Opening the drivers door starts up HV and prepares for a trip.

Think of it as a very large relay that is clicking.

But its always been there.. maybe your just noticing it now. It happens.

If your sure it isnt contactors, why not make a video for us to hear...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
m0ebius604
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing