2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This website injects fraudulent amazon advertising that constantly redirects you to amazons website so they can earn money by injecting referral codes to anything you buy on amazon, it’s not illegal, but it’s immoral. I’m sure this will be deleted as to not disturb the profit margins of the website owners but maybe a few of you will know what these people are after, which is not the discussion of this van, but the chance to make money. https://imgur.com/a/Pd1aw

To the mod that deletes this: you’re a @$&# scumbag. I’m forwarding this to Chrysler cares as I’m sure they wouldn’t want to be affiliated with you bottom feeders.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It's a bummer that you had an unwanted redirect, but I am skeptical that the source was this website. I have never experienced that. Look at my post count and you will see that there has been lots of opportunity for that to happen to me and so far it hasn't - and I am not a moderator, but rather just another member like you. Well, not exactly like you, because I do try to refrain from being unnecessarily profane. When I am profane, it tends to destroy my credibility and others discount my input so I end up being less effective at having worthwhile dialog. You may want to reconsider your approach.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So on top of that image I’ve posted you’ve never witnessed a red link for random words that take you to an amazon affiliate address? I only look at this on my iPad, but I can take screenshots all day of this. And bull crap they don’t do this on purpose, ChryslerCares should have nothing to do with this place. And don’t gaslight me. This ONLY happens here on this forum.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So on top of that image I’ve posted you’ve never witnessed a red link for random words that take you to an amazon affiliate address? I only look at this on my iPad, but I can take screenshots all day of this, I’ll post many here in a second. And bull crap they don’t do this on purpose, ChryslerCares should have nothing to do with this place. And don’t gaslight me.
That is correct, I have never witnessed a red link for random words that take me to an Amazon affiliate address. I have never accessed this site via an iPad, so I guess it is possible that the site may treat PC and Android users (the two platforms I have accessed this site from) differently than those using iOS devices. We do have very many members that do exclusively access the site from their iPhones, and you are the first that I have heard that has made such a complaint, and I have read virtually every post that has been made in the past 6 months (although I am relatively new to the forum, I have been fairly active since I discovered it). And I am not gaslighting you, I am just describing my experience. I am not trying to suggest that your experience isn't genuine, but rather that it may not be this site that is the source. I think it likely that it would have come up before if it were an issue for the other iOS users.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
ChryslerCares should have nothing to do with this place.
One other thing, @ChryslerCares is VERY active on this forum, FAR more so than I am, and is one of the reasons this forum is so valuable. They are such a great benefit to all the members here.

There is advertising on this site, but it is in plain sight, and there is no reason for this site to engage in anything underhanded. I suggest you consider that there may be another explanation to your experience.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
when on this site, i use chrome/android (lg g6 phone) and windows 10 (laptop). i dont get any of these ads. maybe an iOS or apple thing?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I somehow get these alerts. And I promptly close the window.
Me too. Maybe the admin doesn’t realize the ad companies they work with are randomly doing this?
Thanks for that feedback. I have never seen it. Perhaps there is some different treatment for iOS.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I really don’t understand your role here, you really seem like you’re more than a member(or maybe you want to be more than a member) people are profiting from this website, immorally imo, and you say that Chrysler cares is an active part of this community, I know they are, and they shouldn’t be affiliated with a website that injects code to redirect users to some scummy business model. A banner here or there I understand, this is awful though, this place is infuriating to use on a iOS device.

I just want to get information on this van that I bought(which I really like, this isn’t an attack on FCA, it’s an attack on the people who run this place((whom from what I can tell have nothing to do with FCA, they just use their products to sell scummy advertising)). This place isn’t popular because it’s Chrysler approved, its popular because it was probably the first forum on the van and ChryslerCares followed where the popular destination for its discussion was. Even if it turns out that the owner of this website sold advertising to someone who injected this code without their knowledge I call b.s. that he didn’t know, he enjoyed the profits without caring. If you look below this forum is part of the auto guide group which starts these forums as new cars are released to earn advertising revenue, Ive seen your posts here plenty, if they’re not paying you then they’re using you as a free facilitator of conversation which draws this places popularity, and hence advertising revenue. You’re a pawn, and not even getting paid for it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The pop-ups you have posted show up on my wife's iPad quite regularly and I can assure you that they have much more to do with a link you have at one time clicked on than they do with this website. I would say anyone seeing these type of pop-ups has picked up an Ad Virus type piece of code that somewhat randomly monopolizes your browser. Try accessing the Forum with a different browser and see if the issue appears.

I view this website each day and have never experienced one of these.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This website injects fraudulent amazon advertising that constantly redirects you to amazons website so they can earn money by injecting referral codes to anything you buy on amazon, it’s not illegal, but it’s immoral. I’m sure this will be deleted as to not disturb the profit margins of the website owners but maybe a few of you will know what these people are after, which is not the discussion of this van, but the chance to make money. https://imgur.com/a/Pd1aw

To the mod that deletes this: you’re a ####### scumbag. I’m forwarding this to Chrysler cares as I’m sure they wouldn’t want to be affiliated with you bottom feeders.
I joined this forum to learn and share information with other owners, and potential owners, of the Pacifica. I have found this forum very helpful. It has highlighted potential problems, provided solutions, shared experiences that relate to my use and made me aware of things that I would not have known.

This forum is FREE! Like every other free web site I have visited, including Google and various news sites, it is full of ads and collects data on users. Yes, that is how the site provider makes money. I ignore the ads and embedded links while focusing on the content. Complaining about the business model of just about every free public web site and making disparaging references about the owner and moderators is not going to change a thing.

You are free to join this forum and enjoy the discussions or, if the forum's operational practices bother you, then you are free to leave.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you have other browser tabs open on your device? Those may be the cause of the popups, I assume cookies are enabled on this site and other sites are very smart at using that against you. I have seen that same type of popup on clients devices and always caused by malicious websites, but not the legitimate ones they thought they were viewing.
I also browse this website with Windows browsers, IOS devices and of course Android and have never seen an ad I would not expect in one of the website frames. Try using something like Tapatalk for your device and you will not have this issue.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I really don’t understand your role here
My "role" is exactly the same as yours:

I just want to get information on this van that I bought
and perhaps in the process I have become an unpaid pawn, if that is how one describes exchanging one's time for information using a structure provided at someone else's expense for the purpose of making that someone else a profit. I do use this resource. I have a perceived benefit, and the forum operator has made profits (I hope). Seems like a win - win to me.

I have no issue with you bringing attention to your experience with redirects. I do suggest that you keep it clean when you do so, not because I have any special "role" here, but rather that I am a frequent visitor and I find unsavory language unpleasant. I also suggest that you may have jumped to your conclusion a bit too early because your experience is not consistent with mine. While it does seem that your experience is not unique, it also seems as if it is not universal, so it may be there is another reasonable explanation than scam artists operating this site. I hope you are successful in getting to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
So what if the people running this wonderful forum allow for ads and sponsored links on their free site. There is no cost to you to join and participate but I'm sure there are costs associated with hosting/running the site. They're providing a valuable product/service and deserve to make a little $$ if they can. Occasionally I do follow the sponsored link, knowingly, as a small way of supporting this FREE site that provides so much more to me. By all means feel free to setup and maintain your own forum site without the ads that seem to bother you so much, but unless you're super compassionate about it and don't mind the never ending expense of maintaining it (hosting, moderating, security updates, software patches, etc), I don't see that site being very successful in the long run.

As for @ChryslerCares participation in this forum, I can't believe anyone would be upset about that. I'm sure manufacturers passively monitor a number of user forums that discuss their products, but very few are actively involved in those sites let alone offering help directly to the members. They are an invaluable resource to have, an open back-channel communication directly to the manufacturer, and I don't understand how someone can be upset to have access to such a resource...for free.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm using an all Apple eco system. I haven't gotten any popups from this site. Of course, I use adblock for Safari, so I don't know if that's preventing the popups. I don't get the red lined links either. Usually sites that have that are for when people don't register. Have you visited the site without logging on?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I use uBlock Origin for ad blocking on windows/chrome (laptop) and no issues ever. I don't know if that affects things or not for this site.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Before you go jumping to conclusions, have you looked into this problem other than blaming this site? This is a known issue, it happens to my android devices and ios on various sites. Unwanted redirect/pop-ups happens...do a google search and you will find plenty of information on this.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts