2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw this pic...........then realized my tail lights do NOT light up like this.

is there a different set for higher end models? i really want this set on my pacifica!!

please advise!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
The 2017 LX & Touring trims did not come with the LED lights shown in the photo. I assume the incandescent ones can we swapped for the LEDs if you want a project.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wonder if they are plug and play for the NON limited models? since the van already has other LED's............

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wait: what other LEDs does your van have? So, with the headlight switch in the AUTO position, at night all you have in back are the incandescent outer tail (and stop) lamps illuminated? If I'm not mistaken, on our van the LED light bars come on once ambient light levels are low enough at night (or even in the garage) -- but the incandescent tails still stay on too.

I really want to swap the oh-so-yesterday incandescent tail/brake lamp bulbs for LEDs (which really should have been standard anyway...about the only area where the Pacifica lags behind the competition...and there is really no excuse for Chrysler not just doing it anyway).

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Question 1: On the 2018 Limited, the front LED strip can come on without the headlights being on, looks really nice. Anyone know if this is the same for the 2018 Touring L Plus? And if so, is it LED strip also?

Question 2: Same question but more to the point of this thread. On the rear, like that first picture, can the 2018 Touring L Plus light up like that? Does the Limited do that?

Hope someone can give some clarity on this before I buy the car!

·
Registered
217 Posts
No, the LED strip for the DRL is only on the Limited model. The TL+ utilizes the lower powered (dimmed) high beam light for the DRL.

The TL+ does have the rear LED bars like the OP's picture.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No, the LED strip for the DRL is only on the Limited model. The TL+ utilizes the lower powered (dimmed) high beam light for the DRL.

The TL+ does have the rear LED bars like the OP's picture.
Good to hear about the rear LED on the TL+. But as for the fronts, on the TL+, what is that strip made of then if not LED? Does it light up? Can it light up on its own without the beams?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The TL+ has the LED eyebrow in the front headlights. However, you can’t switch them on independently. On the TL+, the DRLs are the bright light bulbs at low power unlike the Limited where the DRLs are the LED eyebrow. On the TL+, the LED eyebrow is on when the headlights are on. Not sure if they are on when the parking lights are on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The TL+ has the LED eyebrow in the front headlights. However, you can’t switch them on independently. On the TL+, the DRLs are the bright light bulbs at low power unlike the Limited where the DRLs are the LED eyebrow. On the TL+, the LED eyebrow is on when the headlights are on. Not sure if they are on when the parking lights are on.
The front LED lights will come on for both the parking lights and headlights. It's a nice accent piece but really pops as a DRL on the Limited trims. Hopefully some mad genius on this forum will come up with a plug-n-play harness to change over the DRL on the lower trims to use this. I'd definitely be in line to buy that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have the 2018 Touring L+ and it has the LED back lights and the LED strip under the headlights. The LED under the headlights are on when I remote start. Not sure how they operate during normal driving.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
So no one has found a way to have the LED eyebrow lights on by themselves on a TL+? Anyone have a picture of what it looks like with the LED eyebrows + parking lights on?

·
Registered
293 Posts
One thing I really like about the Limited that looks incredible is I like to drive with the parking lights turned on with the LED fog lights on. So you have the bright LED DRL eye brow lights on with the lower LED fogs as well. Looks really cool.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
One thing I really like about the Limited that looks incredible is I like to drive with the parking lights turned on with the LED fog lights on. So you have the bright LED DRL eye brow lights on with the lower LED fogs as well. Looks really cool.
Oh come on. That’s not what fog lights are meant for. They are not ornamental. :D. But whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone actually figured out if the LED tails are swappable with the non led tails? I just bought a brand new 2017 Pacifica Touring last night, and never realized it doesn't have the LED tails, and I too want them lol. Plus the tails can be easily purchased of eBay for a decent set running about 400 bucks. Anyone know for sure??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone actually figured out if the LED tails are swappable with the non led tails? I just bought a brand new 2017 Pacifica Touring last night, and never realized it doesn't have the LED tails, and I too want them lol. Plus the tails can be easily purchased of eBay for a decent set running about 400 bucks. Anyone know for sure??
I would like to know as well!

·
Registered
122 Posts
A little twist on the requests here on this forum... but does anyone know how to keep the rear LED taillights on with the DRLs (for those with Limited trims)? I will pay for this. I live in Hawaii where we commonly see heavy downpours out of nowhere that instantly limit sight distance. Having these on with my DRLs permanently allow me to drive around in daytime pouring rain knowing I never have to switch my lights on (and subsequently have to adjust the instrument gauge lighting). Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
807 Posts
A little twist on the requests here on this forum... but does anyone know how to keep the rear LED taillights on with the DRLs (for those with Limited trims)? I will pay for this. I live in Hawaii where we commonly see heavy downpours out of nowhere that instantly limit sight distance. Having these on with my DRLs permanently allow me to drive around in daytime pouring rain knowing I never have to switch my lights on (and subsequently have to adjust the instrument gauge lighting). Thank you in advance.
Since headlights and taillights come on shortly after the wipers are activated, your dealer might be able tap off that circuit to activate when the car is started. That's all I can think of. (BTW, starting 2020 in Canada taillights will be added to the DRL requirement on new cars -- Be seen or be fined: driving without daytime lights could cost you $172 - New Brunswick - CBC News)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Since headlights and taillights come on shortly after the wipers are activated, your dealer might be able tap off that circuit to activate when the car is started. That's all I can think of. (BTW, starting 2020 in Canada taillights will be added to the DRL requirement on new cars -- Be seen or be fined: driving without daytime lights could cost you $172 - New Brunswick - CBC News)
Thank you. Canada is definitely smart (smarter than the US) to make this a requirement. Inclement weather that instantly limits sight distance (but does not activate headlights because ambient lighting is still too bright) can happen almost everywhere.

However, my request is not to have my headlights (halogens) turn on with the taillights, I would just want to have my rear taillights be on permanently whenever the vehicle is on. So DRL + rear taillights always on during the day and headlights + rear taillights (obviously) always on during night/dark.

Hardwiring the rear taillights to the acc/on would seem like the easiest route?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts