2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thank you. Canada is definitely smart (smarter than the US) to make this a requirement. Inclement weather that instantly limits sight distance (but does not activate headlights because ambient lighting is still too bright) can happen almost everywhere.

However, my request is not to have my headlights (halogens) turn on with the taillights, I would just want to have my rear taillights be on permanently whenever the vehicle is on. So DRL + rear taillights always on during the day and headlights + rear taillights (obviously) always on during night/dark.

Hardwiring the rear taillights to the acc/on would seem like the easiest route?
I thought you might not want the headlights. But with the maze of circuits these days, you need to be careful you are not unintentionally backfeeding / interrupting / interfering with other lights associated with the taillights if you hardwired that way. Personally, I would let the headlights come on.

What is interesting is that another Canadian article dated a few years ago cited a complimentary proposal that dashboards could not be illuminated if the headlights were not on -- I wonder what that would do to so many current models who require illumination at all times

·
Registered
999 Posts
i saw this pic...........then realized my tail lights do NOT light up like this.

is there a different set for higher end models? i really want this set on my pacifica!!

please advise!
In 2017, it was on the Touring L Plus and up I believe. I got the Touring L Plus.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
So no one has found a way to have the LED eyebrow lights on by themselves on a TL+? Anyone have a picture of what it looks like with the LED eyebrows + parking lights on?
Still looking. I do have a theory that it could be as simple as swapping out the headlight housing with an LED housing. they come with an LED controller. Not exactly sure what that is for but I think it is to run the LED lights as DRL. They are a tad brighter in DRL mode, and dim when the parking lights/headlights come on.

One thing I really like about the Limited that looks incredible is I like to drive with the parking lights turned on with the LED fog lights on. So you have the bright LED DRL eye brow lights on with the lower LED fogs as well. Looks really cool.
This is exactly what I do... but I have a Touring L plus so all my side and rear lights also come on. I do not mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi new 2017 Pacifica Touring owner here. Went through the thread but doesnt seem like it was answered whether or not the tails from touring l and limited would be a plug and play swap for the lx and touring?
thanks!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts