2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm amazed to be saying this, but, I have something that I'm so far missing more than anything else in my 2018 PacHy Limited. I traded into it from a 2017 GMC Acadia Denali and it had 1 feature that I really wish that my PacHy would have.

Both the Acadia and PacHy have the ability to unlock the car by just carrying the key fob and grabbing the door handle. But, the 1 thing that the Acadia had that I so wish the PacHy had is this... when I've got all the doors closed and have walked away from the car, the car should be able to automatically lock itself. Having driven the Acadia for 2.5-3 years now, my brain was automatically trained that the car would look as soon as I walk away from it, just listen for the honk. The PacHy doesn't do it so I have to retrain my brain until I automatically press the lock button, something that I haven't been able to reliably do every time since I picked it up Friday night.

I'm sure I'll adjust and get used to it, but, this is one feature that should be incredibly simple and very worthwhile. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a mazda6 grand touring that does the same....walk away with the fob and it locks on its own. I thought this feature is standard on newer cars and it's just a matter of changing the setting. Nope, I was wrong.

The wife made it a point and she misses it. It doesn't bother me as much.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ya, my Mazda has it too and was a little surprised it wasn't on the van.

First world problem for sure, but I wouldn't be upset to get that feature back. After a year and a half we still sometimes have to stop and think if we've locked the van LOL.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I wouldn't want it to do that in my attached First World garage.
My cell phone is geotagged not to lock when I'm home or at our place in Florida. Us privileged First Worlders should expect no less of our Pacificas. Get with the program, Chrysler! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I rented a Renault Kadjar last month in Italy that had this feature. I liked it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts