2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this thing to the left of the interior hood release lever??
I can find no explanation in the owners manual or on Google search.
Thanks for this forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is that light or a button on the top of it? Maybe the dealer installed something on you van andforgot to tell you. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like a light on top and a buttonon the front. I think we need more info on if it was purchased new/used? Private sale/Dealer sale? Was it a fleet vehicle? Is there an aftermarket security system/gps system? It looks like it could be a valet switch or a mute button for radar detector. Could be a number of things

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe that's the ole passenger eject button, aftermarket installed. Nitrous gas propulsion capable of ejecting up to a 400lb passenger through the open sunroof at a speed ranging from 200-240 mph. Yeah, that's the ticket.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
What is this thing to the left of the interior hood release lever??
I can find no explanation in the owners manual or on Google search.
Thanks for this forum!
Looks like your dealer optioned in the Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS). Not many people choose to get that installed since it's useless without paying a subscription fee, and if you're going to pay a subscription you might as well just pay for Uconnect Access which has a similar tracking system built in.

https://secure.moparevts.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went back to my Chrysler dealer to find out what this is.
It is an alarm system that they have installed on all their cars and trucks on the lot. It came as part of the package with my Pacifica. Hope it was worth it.
The sticker in the window of another van is my lead for further investigation into this.

See attached

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
It came as part of the package with my Pacifica.
It came with what package? Did the dealer charge you for a package or is this something that they "threw in" for free?

·
Registered
758 Posts
It says it will be removed before delivery of vehicle? Since it wasn't and the van already has a factory alarm how does this dealer installed alarm system work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be pissed if I found that. That kind of stuff always causes issues that eventually lead to the car not starting. God knows what wires they hacked up to install that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
And the screwed it directly to the dash. Removal of it will leave holes and that may be unsightly. Not super smart on the deal ship shide for the install. Especially if it is normally a temporary thing for cars on their lot.

·
Registered
461 Posts
And the screwed it directly to the dash. Removal of it will leave holes and that may be unsightly. Not super smart on the deal ship shide for the install. Especially if it is normally a temporary thing for cars on their lot.
Yeah I agree with you . I would be pissed if that was installed on my van.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts