2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of trading in my Honda Odyssey for a Pacifica PHEV when they become available but with 3 kids all under 7, the entertainment system is critical. Doing research online I see that you can't get additional unconnect for the third row so my question is for actual owners, can kids in the third row really see the screens in the second row? If not there is no way I can get this car since it will cause constant fights over who gets to watch etc.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thinking of trading in my Honda Odyssey for a Pacifica PHEV when they become available but with 3 kids all under 7, the entertainment system is critical. Doing research online I see that you can't get additional unconnect for the third row so my question is for actual owners, can kids in the third row really see the screens in the second row? If not there is no way I can get this car since it will cause constant fights over who gets to watch etc.
3rd row unconnect - bring their own phone or iPad.

No issues with 2 kids in the 3rd row seeing the screens. To make it even more convenient, we typically stow the 2nd row passenger seat (3 kids). The entertainment system is awesome btw. Just came back from another 6 hour trip and kids were more than happy to travel, no complaints!

·
Registered
55 Posts
FWIW, I have a 5 and a 9 year old.

We just took a 3500+ mile road trip over 2 weeks.

The kids probably used the UConnect Theater <2 hours on the entire trip. They each have an iPad, and spent their time watching downloaded content on them.

My .02,

-FV

·
Registered
166 Posts
From the third row you can best see the screen on the opposite side from where you're at. I didn't try it from a lower perspective though. I'd check it out and let you know if it wasn't't sitting at the dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
From the third row you can best see the screen on the opposite side from where you're at. I didn't try it from a lower perspective though. I'd check it out and let you know if it wasn't't sitting at the dealer.
That's what my kids do. It works well, except sometimes the remote doesn't work well from the back seat (baby in the middle row).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
FWIW, I have a 5 and a 9 year old. We just took a 3500+ mile road trip over 2 weeks. The kids probably used the UConnect Theater <2 hours on the entire trip. They each have an iPad, and spent their time watching downloaded content on them.
Couldn't agree more. Our UcT isn't getting the workout I thought it would.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In our odyssey all 3 kids watch the same movie so they're still in that phase - so each time we go in the car a different one gets to decide what will play and that rotation is how we keep the "peace" (even though there is always complaints that the one choosing chose the "boring" one!). So my concern is that with the two screens, the "fight" will become about who doesn't want to sit in the back. And sitting in the car in the dealership for a few minutes is not the same as a family of 5 using the care for a few weeks to see if the kids work out a system where they all can watch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3rd row videos

I just purchased a 2018 Pacifica hybrid. I have to say, we love the car so far, but with 4 kids, the 2 in the 2nd row are definitely considered "favored" because they get access to games and movies, whereas the 2 (older) kids are disappointed because they get no access to the same screens.

Has anyone found a solution? I'd like to have all 4 kids have access to a screen, and hoping I could output screens to an Ipad or tablet. From what I've found so far, there are only video inputs, not outputs. thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back from the dead...

Good luck with this one! Also have four kids fighting about the middle row. Our solution at this point is no screens except for trips over an hour. They’ll live.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yupp or the old iPad tablets . The old all for one or one for all ideology is best . I heard the new uconnect you can utilize features on the screens instead of always asking people in front seat to input stuff ( nav , etc ) .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right. May just end up playing same thing on them all so it doesn’t matter who sits in the middle row. Still it’s new, so they wanna fuss about it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts